50 Health packs for 2K Hero Points

KGB
KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
Plus a beginner support token and some Red ISO.
Is this the Dev's way of telling us what we already guessed: Polaris is going to be a massive health pack sink. :(
KGB

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,728 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you are a new player, you have very few supports and almost no way to get more. And health packs are something you use a LOT of. 

This seems targeted at them, to me. 
    Of course, they should be saving HP for roster slots instead.  
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Granted this may not be targeted at a player like me, but unless you get lucky on that support token and get something pretty useful, this is a worse deal than buying five at a time, since the first ten health packs regenerate. I use Hulkoye and buy health often, 2-3 times a pvp, and if this were for even 60 packs, I’d do it for sure. I definitely appreciate that they’re thinking in this sort of direction though. If they had bulk boost packs available it would be an instant buy from me.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think those is for new players, but instead for c veterans just jumping up to cl10. I would guess that direct healthpack sales are seem by demi/d3 as an ancillary  benefit made possible by prompting more people into cl10. 
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    This is the best bit of trolling since Boss Rush
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    This offer makes me really think they should up the normal health pack limit to 15 or so.  I’m sure there needs to be some fine tuning on how health packs get recovered,but it’s not unusually to go through 15-20 health packs on bad bad boards or bad team matchups in scl 10.  Even the avg pvp pushes are getting longer.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    I think that when they went from 5>10 healthpacks, the highest health in the game was imhb capped at 270 (so ~18k and change).  The meta characters nowadays are all at 60k or more (except for for Thor, who is always at half health anyway).  We also have to play longer continuous stretches of play (because of scoring and PvP meta changes).  And cl10 has pushed enemy levels up above even the highest numbers we used to see with personalized scaling before the cl system launched. 10 healthpacks just aren't what they used to be.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Phumade said:
    This offer makes me really think they should up the normal health pack limit to 15 or so.  I’m sure there needs to be some fine tuning on how health packs get recovered,but it’s not unusually to go through 15-20 health packs on bad bad boards or bad team matchups in scl 10.  Even the avg pvp pushes are getting longer.

Instead of upping the limit of rechargeable HPs to 15 all they would really need to do is make it so those rechargeable HPs are used before you dip into your stash of HP over the base 10. I'm sure it would be much easier though to up the current limit to 15 than to implement my idea. :D
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rhipf said:
    Phumade said:

Instead of upping the limit of rechargeable HPs to 15 all they would really need to do is make it so those rechargeable HPs are used before you dip into your stash of HP over the base 10. I'm sure it would be much easier though to up the current limit to 15 than to implement my idea. :D
    FWIW if I could have stockpiled those health packs and use the rechargeable ones first,  It  would have been a no brainer buy decision.  Gold is pretty trivial once your over Shield Rank 200 and any roster over SR200 could have paid the 2k without even noticing the net change at the top.  But its just not worth it to buy 40 health packs and give up access to the recharge timer for however many days it takes a level 500 5* whale to float through those health packs.