CotT: Star-Lord vs. Gamora - trouble on the Milano

Options
PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
This was a pretty fun fight - Gamora was hoovering up all of the black and red, and I waited until she cast red and black before I cast purple and then red, which ended up being a near-knockout punch with the amount of countdowns on the board. There were very few yellow tiles on the board, so her black wasn't as dangerous as it can be on a yellow-rich board. 

Just on a lark I decided to open the token (still deciding if I want to drain the tanks for Apoc), and to my pleasant surprise it was a yellow Legion! That, with the shards I've earned for him, allowed me to champ him. That's one of the fastest 4-star championing I've ever done, and the fact it's a character I like quite a bit was just gravy on top. I'm looking forward to putting him with Gritty in the Sim and watching the fur fly. 

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well my first tryout was a disaster. The board was so awful and Gamora made cascade after cascade and I did not get an iota of my own colors. So I died this time. Next try was the reverse, and it did not take many moves to purple/red Gamora down. LT was a 4* champ level of some sorts.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,626 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Star-Lord had his pelvic sorcery maxed out to 11 as his red and purple AP gauge filled up and up and up. Gamora didn't really get a look in as she was exploded and told to look at people who may or may not now be in the game and then punched a lot - in a romantic way of course. Actually - it occurs to me that his power description could use an update because, why yes, that IS Beta Ray Bill and he is about to hammer your head! Maybe Stilt-man?