On SCL10 Points Recharges

2»

Comments

• abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    1.10 has flipped significantly more quickly than usual (in <12 hours instead of ~24 or more).  So the new system is getting more people in to play SCL10.  I think it is a positive change, and moving to 24-hour-based clear/tap/grind will be another improvement.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    1.10 did flip quickly, however: New character event (for a good char), and onslaught prog shards.  Both means players need to join CL10 before a sub end. So attributing this to the change is surely a factor, but maybe not the key factor.

I would embrace if players could embrace the idea of playing CL10 just for progression, with fewer hits. Raising the player count and possible even getting us a S2/S3 flip, which I desperately crave for to fit my day schedule :D
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    abmoraz said:
    3. New-NEW way: 3 passes (2 for waves), 2 passes just before reset.  Difficulty seems even higher, but the removal of 1 wave offsets the time spent).

Is the difficulty ramped up?  I thought the max difficulty was the same. 
    Nothing changed with the difficulty in SCL10.  
  • bluewolf
    abenness said:
    1.10 has flipped significantly more quickly than usual (in <12 hours instead of ~24 or more).  So the new system is getting more people in to play SCL10.  I think it is a positive change, and moving to 24-hour-based clear/tap/grind will be another improvement.
    It's a bit early to say one way or the other how many more people will end up playing in 10 as a result of the recent changes.

Yes, it seems like maybe a few more are joining but consider who is moving to 10 that may not have been:

1.  Players who want T10 ally placement - a small fraction of all players, but there are going to be some that were in 9 that might move up.  They probably mostly already moved up to due to the points differential.

2.  Players who played in 9 because the time commitment was too much in 10, and the rewards weren't worth the time needed.

That second group probably has some people who are thinking 10 is a more reasonable tradeoff now, but the fact is that it's still a lot harder than 9 and will still take more time.  

I am very happy these changes are being made but not everyone will move because of them.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Probably someone has already said this but I prefer this broken system since it is faster. Only two end grinds... Really wished that there was a way to maintain this. The long grinds only keep players away from the game.

Ps: a good solution would be an autoplay option... 
  • bluewolf
    Probably someone has already said this but I prefer this broken system since it is faster. Only two end grinds... Really wished that there was a way to maintain this. The long grinds only keep players away from the game.

Ps: a good solution would be an autoplay option... 
    2 hits/plays on the end grind is exactly what is in place now, and exactly what will continue.

The ONLY thing they don't like right now is the 36 hour timer.  That will be changed to a 24 hour timer in a few weeks.

The 2X grind will stay.
  • BeetleGeorge
    BeetleGeorge Posts: 76 Match Maker
    So does the announcement tell us that we will live with the situation as is for the next 3 weeks at the least?
    Or do we have to live with new surprises at every event?

Did anybody mention why the scl10 placement rewards have been reduced for this event?

And to say something positive too:
    Yes, you can reach progression rewards quicker than before.
    But there is a big but.
    At least at the ongoing event I have to spend a lot more time (and health packs) to get only nearly the same amount of points for my alliance I would have got if I had played scl9. This was true for the previous event too. Only the one before that, they were (too) generous with points.
  • BeetleGeorge
    BeetleGeorge Posts: 76 Match Maker
    OJSP said:
    BeetleGeorge said:
    Did anybody mention why the scl10 placement rewards have been reduced for this event?
    They haven’t been reduced. That’s what we get for new character release events. (I made the same mistake in thinking they were reduced too, until someone else corrected me).
    You mean, at normal events you get at scl10 t100 the same covers as scl9 t50 but at new character releases you don't? For me that sounds like encouraging people to step down to scl9 to get more new character covers.
  • bluewolf
    I had been playing new 4* releases in 9 recently.  The 3-2 grind got me to stay in 10, as well as giving me 250 shards to finish another Onslaught level. 

I may not get as many 4* covers as I sometimes get in 9, but ultimately it matters little to a 5* player. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    OJSP said:

Having said that, the 5* shards and alliance reward shards in CL10 might be more valuable for some people to stop them from dropping to CL9.
    This.

Given the new reward system, I have zero problem getting new 4*s covered (and I'm only a t100 PvP, t200 PvE player in SCL 10). As an example, Misty is already champed and Anti-Venom is only 1 cover away, a cover which I will have in 15 days at the latest thanks to the last Simulator reward.

On the other side, I have 30 5* characters still short of 13 covers. So I'm not sweating Polaris...I might be a few covers behind the fastest to champ her but I'll get there eventually and losing out on even half a 5* would be much worse.
  • Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    @IceIX

After playing my first event in scl10 since the new 3 initial / 2 grind clears system , I have to say: thank you! This is indeed a very positive QoL change. Even without the required 5* champed, I could do initial clears in about 30min and grind in 35min. Still reasonably more than scl9 (where I could do 20/25min), but much less than what it used to take (about 45/55min). Hopefully it will stay that way.
  • SlicerDicer
    SlicerDicer Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Regardless of whether its scl10, or below, I don't understand the reasoning behind the degraded point system other then lazy programming.  It is much easier to program a degrading point system based on a timer then to create a scoring system based on combat data.  For one you have to record that data. 

The difference between the placement awards is not great but they do add up. So rather than casually completing the tasks in story more you are now trying to complete them as fast as possible when your "day" starts and then push the cut off window for completing the degraded sessions for most points.  Takes the fun out it.