the value of a specialty store LT pull

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
Thought experiment, and to control the variables: let's assume you could get a 5* launch token (e.g., the daken vault) with a vault 10 pack, and further assume that the token was guaranteed to be a pull that you wanted (either a good 5* or a meaningfull 4* champ level), you can get that token for either1800 HP or 25 cp.  Which price would you rather spend?
In the old days, CP were hard to get and hp were relatively easy to get.  But the economy has shifted a bit in the past year, and more of us have an eye on the 300 roster slot threshold. 

Comments

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Hands down, 25 CP. In the game economy, I can earn 25 CP a lot faster and easier than I can earn 1800 HP.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    This weeks' MPQ news: This informal poll shows that most people woul rather spend CP than HP for their Legendary tokens.

Next week's MPQ news: Legendary Tokens will now shift from 25 CP to 1800 HP.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't mind spending HP on 4* (with potential for a 5*) covers because there really isn't a guaranteed way to buy one built into the game mechanics. You have to go through a store or vault to make that transaction. You can buy iso (yeah right) and you can buy HP. Feels like a free way to get a resource the game doesn't readily offer.
    Since HP is harder to come by lately, I have gotten a lot more picky, and I'm not going to spend 1800 for a chance of getting that token. For 1800, that token should be guaranteed.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    This weeks' MPQ news: This informal poll shows that most people woul rather spend CP than HP for their Legendary tokens.

Next week's MPQ news: Legendary Tokens will now shift from 25 CP to 1800 HP.
    I don’t see this happening. While some of the buy packages have CP, there is no consistent way to purchase large amounts of CP, meaning you still (mostly) have to earn those 5* pulls.