More champ covers for Apocalypse or work on other 5s ?

tonypq
tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
edited August 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
Would you guys try to get more champ covers for Apocalypse or work on Kitty/Okoye/Thor ?

Apocalypse will be leaving the LLs soon. I was debating if I should pull some more and try to get more champ covers for him. Or keep building my resources up and try to work on one of the other meta 5s like Kitty 4/4/0, Okoye 2/0/1, or Thor 1/1/1. 

With the power creep we're seeing, I wasn't sure if doubling down on Apocalypse as strong as he is, was a good idea and try for more champ covers. Or if I should work towards finishing my Kitty, Okoye,  or Thor. 

I complete all pve events and pvp up until the first CPs. My other champed 5s are BRB, Prof, GED, Hela, Thanos, Captain Marvel, all level 450ish, also have Immortal Hulk 13 covers but under leveled on purpose. Then I have OML and BP at 12 covers.

My go to team is BRB, Prof, Apocalypse. They obviously work well giving rainbow coverage and actives in all colors. Also I don't have a Killmonger or OMD cover, I didn't plan on chasing them however. I was going to build my horde back up until there were 2 or 3 good 5s I like again down the road. But like I said I wasn't sure if trying to get more covers for Apocalypse while he's still in the store would be a good idea given the info above. I'll be using him constantly with BRB and Prof, also pairs well with Immortal Hulk and others. I was curious what you guys woukd suggest.

With how few covers Okoye and Thor have it would take me a long, long time to finish them. Although I guess there is only really one power each that I'd need to get to 5 covers, Okoyes black for abiliry damage boost and Thors green for the AP battery. Kitty is still very potent at 4/4/0 so I know they can be very useful even without being fully covered. But wasn't sure with the power creep for some 5s like Apocalypse if I should aim at making him stronger or work and others. 

Comments

• JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2020
    Personally, I would work on Okoye, Thor, and Kitty. Okoye being the priority. Once you have her champed your entire roster becomes stronger on offense. Okoye tends to show up in special vaults that will speed up her collection of covers for you. I have an alliance mate that spends all his excess CP on Okoye vaults just to add champ levels.

Of course your mileage may vary.

-JaGo
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,760 Chairperson of the Boards
    Focus on Okoye, champing her made an enormous change for me both in PVE and PvP!
    That said, Apocalypse has impressed me so far and I'm thinking of blowing my hoard on him before he leaves LL.
    Especially because I'm not very interested in Killmonger, Onslaught and Daken.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    With how low level your Okoye is I would go all in on Apocalypse.  The fill the same role in being able to increase damage.  He works well with BRB as you know.  If you are pulling LL you will also get onslaught who is not great but pairs well with Professor X.  Apocalypse will also tank for IHulk which is also very good.

i have a level 471 Apocalypse and he has 100k health and I use all the time for PVP and PVE.  Okoye is great and overall is better because she true heals and also boost more damage overall but with how low level she is for you Apocalypse will fill that role extremely well.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    What do you want from the game?  If you want a "mix and match" roster that offers you lots of options, then it's time to look at okoye, kitty, and Thor. 
    If you want the absolute strongest team possible for PvP, then given your current roster, champ levels for apoc is likely your best bet.
    Okoye is probably the single most important character for pve because she provides Super Damage™ and can heal.  But apoc is a close approximation that will provide 80% of the value at (for you) 0% of the marginal price. 
    PVP is a bit more complicated, with several newer 5*s having a place in the meta, along with kitty.  Going all in on apoc may imprive your climbing experience, but i can't comment on how good apoc/prof is for defense. And you will be dependent upon that one character (apoc) for everything.  Ask all the "oml-only" or "Gambit-only" rosters how their game experience was after their respective nerfs, so you know what to expect.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Here's another alternative: save up your CP for anniversary. It's coming in another 6 weeks. There should be a Fan Favourite Legendary Store. It might be harder to guess who will be those three. However, it should consist of at least one of them:

Okoye, Kitty, Thor, iHulk, Apocalypse, BRB.