Remember when they said we are aiming to engage more?

ThisisClemFandango
ThisisClemFandango Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
So not only do they not bother to do sneak peaks, now they dont even get the info right  when they do post stuff. 

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, there are a lot of these.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    tonypq said:
    They're becoming juat like Blizzard for WOW. They used to be active on the forums here and now we barely hear from them at all. 

This game IMO is going down the toilet. Characters are released too fast, reward nerfs suck, new content is released at a snails pace, no character balancing. 

Even worse as they continue to avoid rebalancing, they keep the power creep going full steam ahead. Health, matxh damage, cheaper powers and OP passives, creating a chasm between older characters and new ones. 
    People been saying this for years...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,727 Chairperson of the Boards
    One of these times, they’ll be right!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    I think they could be shorthanded now. There's no event update for GI Joe even though General Hawk is debuting tomorrow.

Threads here used to be posted by Brigby, followed by IceIX. Then, LakeStone started posting, which to me, is a rare sight because I used to see him in Technical/Bugs forum more frequently. Cthulhu made a surprise appearance here recently. Maybe they are preparing for some other events coming up and it doesn't to have to be MPQ related.

I'm more interested to know what the new feature is for both new and veteran players in October. It's almost the third week of August now. There's another 5-6 weeks to go.

I'm thinking they are busy working on at least one of these:

1) reduce the grind for SCL 10 to 2
    2) UI 
    3) new feature rolling out in October

• bluewolf
    edited August 2020
    It's hard to know what's going on but the fact is that GI Joe isn't pulling in much revenue.  They take in about 1/40th of the amount MPQ gets, but IMO their game is potentially more involved to develop for, and definitely has about the same size development team. 

If you had just 20 people working on a game full time and they make $50k a year each on average, that's 83,333 a month to pay just the dev team salary, and GI Joe made about $50K in July (presumably that's gross before the app stores took out 30%).  I counted about 25 people on the GI joe dev team at Emerald Games.   It's possible D3 is looking at pulling the plus sooner than later.

Even if not, their goal as a company (obviously) is to grow revenue and also to have a number of projects generating revenue and being self-sustaining.  Right now MPQ is their big success.  MtGPQ is continuing to do well, presumably well enough for their team to keep it going, but it's about 1/7 to 1/8 MPQ's revenue.

My assumption is that D3 is working on a new game to publish and hopefully adding a new and successful revenue stream.  I have to assume GI Joe isn't hitting their hoped-for targets 7 months in and when most games start off strong and taper off as time goes by.  A result of their focus elsewhere is not doing much with MPQ and the forum.

----

As far as what MPQ has in store for October/Anniversary, I will hope tor something neat and cool, but we have been disappointed many times in the past.  The best approach towards MPQ is keeping your expectations low.  Ex:  I had high hopes for Old Man Daken but he's just not that exciting after using him.

• HoundofShadow
    It seems like D3 has been working with DICO for some time on this game "Gleamlight" that will be released on various platforms on 20/08/2020. That could explain why.
  • bluewolf
    edited August 2020
    It seems like D3 has been working with DICO for some time on this game "Gleamlight" that will be released on various platforms on 20/08/2020. That could explain why.
    In case people are wondering, the platforms are Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PS4 and Steam.

I am sure they are all in on efforts to promote it recently, since it's release is tomorrow.
  • bluewolf
    did just get a D3Go email about GI Joe and General Hawk....so maybe they are picking and choosing where to focus efforts, or maybe it's just someone else in charge of that communication effort vs whoever is responsible for the forum.
  • HoundofShadow
    Gleamlight has just been launched globally and the admin has also posted the event about General Hawk in GI Joe. Let's see if MPQ will get any love tomorrow or next Tuesday.  :D

Side note: General Hawk's abilities look really good. He's probably the Okoye of GI Joe now.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    It seems possible to me that they have furloughed employees during COVID stress in CA, TX, and places like that where they're likely to have employees. There are financial incentives involved with that (which are insanely difficult to track as outsiders). While updating a forum is perfect WFH work, it's possible there is little internal communication happening -- though that should be pretty decent WFH work, too.

And as an argument against 👆🏼 -- they've been failing with increasing success at communicating with us for years now. But I am willing to cut them some slack, personally. Especially if they pick it back up after the US Labor Day (our "official end of summer").

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Listen, if they ignore us for a month or two, then next month they give us a couple of updates, then they technically have engaged us more
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    We misunderstood what they meant. They really meant to engage our wallets more, drastically increasing all these random spitball offers and shards for purchae while at the same tume nerfing SCLs and rewards in some aspects. 
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    They removed (or unstickied) some of the sticky toics in the bugs forum as well, including the 'known issues' one. I guess since they couldn't be bothered to update it anymore, they might as well remove it from view.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least “What’s [very old] MPQ?” is still stickied!