Are we just not getting an August Sneak Peek?

UNC_Samurai
UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
I get that in-office schedules have been drastically disrupted since March, but we’re now three weeks into August.  

The last few months, we’ve had a paucity of updates on in-game events, boosted characters, etc.  The most we seem to get are updates on new characters, and not all of those have been timely.  I believe more weekly updates have been skipped, than have been posted.  It’s been a little frustrating watching the flow of communication dry up.

Comments

• Ultrac97
    Ultrac97 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I second this comment. Why have they stopped posting regular sneak peeks? It’s the main reason I come to the boards. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    This definitely saddens me.  We used to get information constantly from the devs.  Not sure what is going on but I wish they would communicate somewhere more.  They aren't on Discord anymore either.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Not a big deal . I don’t play because it has a forum . As a matter of fact I played 2.5 years before I knew it existed . They could shut this down and I’m still not leaving or complaining.
  • RTA3000
    RTA3000 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2020
    I agree, sneak peaks were nice but actually I’m just loving playing the game and seeing all the great new additions in the game itself. The devs will update when they want, if they’re too busy with creating more content and characters then it’s all good with me, keep up the great work! 😀
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,728 Chairperson of the Boards
    The developers (Demiurge) who are making the content are not responsible for the forum and communicating said changes to us, necessarily.

D3 is the publisher and one obvious role (based on the way this forum and social media is handled) is to promote the game and make it successful.

My gut (expressed elsewhere too) is that Demiurge types up the posts we see for D3 to publish (about new minions, characters etc) but D3 is responsible for the Sneak Peek.

My other gut feeling is D3 is working hard on getting a new game ready to publish and isn't devoting effort to the cash cow that doesn't really change much due to a very mature and habit-ingrained player base.