Sugestion for anniversary - custom legendary store

Mrcl25
Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
   What if instead of the usual fan favorites store, this year each player could choose their three favorite characters to be in the special anniversary store? Is this something that is possible to implement?

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    J. Jameson.gif

No way that will ever happen. It would be cool though.
  • Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    jp1 said:
    J. Jameson.gif

No way that will ever happen. It would be cool though.
    Well, I don't think it's going to happen either. But a lot of people would be willing to spend on such a store, buy clubs would be busy.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,728 Chairperson of the Boards
    You do realize part of the business model is making it hard to get what you want, right?

If you could use your CP you are hoarding for Anniversary to get exactly the 3 characters you wanted, then it’s entirely possible you could decide you’re done at that point. 

And no, I would guess they have no tech in place to pull this kind of thing off.  There is no incentive for them to do this. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mrcl25 said:
       What if instead of the usual fan favorites store, this year each player could choose their three favorite characters to be in the special anniversary store? Is this something that is possible to implement?
    Possible?  Certainly.
    Likely.  Nope.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:
    You do realize part of the business model is making it hard to get what you want, right?

If you could use your CP you are hoarding for Anniversary to get exactly the 3 characters you wanted, then it’s entirely possible you could decide you’re done at that point. 

And no, I would guess they have no tech in place to pull this kind of thing off.  There is no incentive for them to do this. 

My understanding of the suggestion was that you could select 3 characters that had a higher odds of being pulled (e.g. 1/7 or ~15%) but there would also be other random covers so you aren't guaranteed to get one of your chosen 3.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,728 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rhipf said:
    bluewolf said:

My understanding of the suggestion was that you could select 3 characters that had a higher odds of being pulled (e.g. 1/7 or ~15%) but there would also be other random covers so you aren't guaranteed to get one of your chosen 3.
    Sure, but the fact is that the only way to get Classic 5s you want with any reasonable rate of return is to hoard for a special CP store.  Usually it's a new release, sometimes there is a standalone thing.  They have done meta stores before, but only a couple ever.

Maybe some would go to the buy clubs and HP store and spend to boost their CP.  

The fact is a central part of their approach to 5s is you need to keep at it for a long time.  It's very rare to get 3 meta 5s in a store and they've never decided to let you pick the 3 you want to chase.  As long as 5s remain the ultimate carrot, it's hard to imagine them doing anything to make it easier to chase specific ones.

Again, nothing in the game exists as far as letting you build a custom store and they would have to do a lot of work to make that happen and get it right.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    yes, for 74.99$ you can customize your favorite store hahaha

As many would like to see this happen, i doubt it will happen. It's much easier for them to copy and paste prior anniversary events for 2020.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I've reached the part of our relationship where I no longer need to make a big deal about anniversaries.  Maybe we could just have a nice and quiet dinner out.  Or get take out.

I don't need to give overt and expensive gifts anymore, nor do I need to receive them.  Dinner in front of the Tv and a quiet night are a-ok.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I’d settle for a takeaway and a 5* feeder update... nothing major