Supports should be equipable to all characters

Options
Theghouse
Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
I understand that there is a thematic element behind limiting certain supports to only Heroes, or just X-Men, or even to only certain characters.  However, this is a huge detriment to the supports feature.

Supports tokens are rather rare rewards.  When you do get one and get a good pull out of the token, there is nothing more demoralizing than seeing that it cannot be equipped to your best or favorite characters because of equip limitations.

In the prologue, there are roster restrictions against "mirror matches" and "heroes only" to fit the thematic elements.  However, in story and pvp modes there are no such restrictions.  You can fight Wolverine with Wolverine, and you can even pair him with some of his worst enemies like Apocalypse and Onslaught.  Some of the more thematic elements are dropped in favor of allowing players to use their full rosters. As supports are hard to get, and only usable in story mode and not versus mode, I think it would make sense to remove these equip restrictions.

Certain supports have "synergy perks" when equipped to a certain character or class of character, and I think this is a great feature that continues to fulfill the thematic element. Perhaps for supports that are currently equip restricted without a synergy perk, the equip restrictions could not only be removed but also a synergy perk for the character or character class added to maintain the thematic element.

The supports feature has also been continued subject of mixed reviews and perhaps this small change would be rather easy to implement and also well received by the player base.