R.I.P MPQ Forum 10/2013-8/2020

13»

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    You are probably being hit for snarky attacks (sarcastically congratulating a 6 1/2 year forum vet for his view count on his post) and bad faith hypothetical situations. 

Sorry, but for me it doesnt matter  a bit being a vet of 6 years if he is carring the voice of negativity predominant on forum ( although he can hit me in the game and yes he is strong).
    But if you are accepting that the forum is dead without asking why(the true reasons why) this post is useless .
    Totally true that negativity here is destructive. And all forumers are responsible of that by action, or majority by inaction.
    And this situation has no solution if everyone, true fans, dont care. Because toxic players always will be there caring.
    And then it will be certain that the forum will be R.I.P
    The forum, luckily not the game,  on wich people are playing and grinding, like this vet and me.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Has anyone seen a in game note about the recent pve changes for cl10?  I might have missed it,  but it's been active almost 2+ weeks in game. 
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    grunth13 said:
    Has anyone seen a in game note about the recent pve changes for cl10?  I might have missed it,  but it's been active almost 2+ weeks in game. 
    I assume that was sarcastic/tongue in cheek prodding of their failure to communicate the change in game.

On this particular issue, I am can see them deciding it was not a good idea to broadcast - to all players in the game -a change that only impacts SCL 10 players.  Maybe up to 7,000 out of something like 200,000 to 250,000 players total are playing in SCL10, or about 2.8% - 3.5% of total players in the game.

Pushing a message out to approx 200K+ish people who will likely never qualify for SCL10 or if they do, would have a terrible experience there given their lacking rosters, is only going to breed resentment when they learn that players in 10 have less clears to slog through.  For low end rosters, the game is harder and takes longer (sort of like we all said it was like when we went to SCL10, it was like the bad old days when it took a long time to grind through nodes).  

SCL10's modifications is a QOL change that helps the very top players and ignores the lower end players who are experiencing the very same problems as far as required time to play and difficulty (losing nodes).  And before people point out they can play lower.....so can SCL10 players.  And of course, if they DID push out a notification, you can bet that their CS tickets would explode when a bunch of people who didn't understand the changes only impact SCL10 started complaining they have too many required clears.

Okay, but what about the 6k players that don't have line and/or come on the official MPQ forum?  I am guessing that from Line about 500 to 1k play cl10 and most of those are on here.  What about the rest?  You just let them flounder?  That's ingenious and completely wrong to your paying players.
    BTW, that wasn't a tongue in cheek or sarcasm, hence why I asked if I just missed it.  I have pointed out at least twice that they haven't posted it in game, but that was in the first couple of days of implentation.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Bad said:
    You are probably being hit for snarky attacks (sarcastically congratulating a 6 1/2 year forum vet for his view count on his post) and bad faith hypothetical situations. 

Sorry, but for me it doesnt matter  a bit being a vet of 6 years if he is carring the voice of negativity predominant on forum ( although he can hit me in the game and yes he is strong).
    But if you are accepting that the forum is dead without asking why(the true reasons why) this post is useless .
    Totally true that negativity here is destructive. And all forumers are responsible of that by action, or majority by inaction.
    And this situation has no solution if everyone, true fans, dont care. Because toxic players always will be there caring.
    And then it will be certain that the forum will be R.I.P
    The forum, luckily not the game,  on wich people are playing and grinding, like this vet and me.
    Thanks for confirming my opinion, I tried.  I will now just hide/ignore comments you make so that I don't see your posts.  I suggest others do the same rather than flag your posts, since you seem to enjoy the attention.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Maybe some clever dev made all the straws the same length. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonko33 said:
    Maybe some clever dev made all the straws the same length. 
     :D 
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    jp1 said:
    Zombie Apocalypse you say?

I respect your opinion, but there is a lot of hyperbole there.

edit: Just an FYI, I didn’t flag your post. 
    Marvel Zombie costumes? 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for confirming my opinion, I tried.  I will now just hide/ignore comments you make so that I don't see your posts.  I suggest others do the same rather than flag your posts, since you seem to enjoy the attention.
    Oh, dont think so.
    You can do that, you can block me( more easy and its auto), you can keep flagging me, or you can appear and stand your opinion like you did( although in a very confusing and indirect way).
    Look at the wide set of options you have.
    Personally I will not use any of that, and I will sleep quietly and relaxed my same amount of hours, you can be sure ;)
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    Zombie Apocalypse you say?

I respect your opinion, but there is a lot of hyperbole there.

edit: Just an FYI, I didn’t flag your post. 
    Marvel Zombie costumes? 
    That, I would dig. My autocorrect would as well I guess. 
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    I'm not sure if the mods here have ever made an official stance but on at least forum I frequent the explicit instructions are to flag or report instead of engaging. Not sure what the rules are here.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I remember correctly, the stance is that the flag button is not meant to be used as a dislike button.

The moderator did recommend blocking users whose opinions you disagree with.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    It can also be used to report offensive or off-topic posts. And let's be fair, some of his posts can arguably be classified as trolling.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    ***Mod note: Removed an inappropriate, off-topic post and issued a warning.

In regards to the point that @liminal_lad brought up, the mod team asks that you not engage another user you suspect to be in violation of the rules and instead notify a moderator either via PM or the flag button. As mentioned by @HoundofShadow and @DeNappa , the flag button is not intended to function as a dislike button but rather to report offensive, off-topic posts and spam.
    As always, if you find another user's posts to often not be to your liking, we recommend utilizing the the block feature. Thank you.