CotT: The Flame in the Flood: Torch vs. Namor

Options
PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
The Sub-Mariner didn't have a chance in this one, as my level 188 4/4/5 Torch managed to get Wildfire out on the third turn. I'd slapped Taskmaster's sword on Torch since there was quite a disparity in levels, and with the extra ability damage it didn't take long at all for Torch to burn Namor's house down. Despite my Torch's relatively low level this was one of the faster crashes I've done in a while. 

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First time out I took my eye off the ball with this one. Oh it's Namor. My Torch is champed and is fun to use. Namor has the power of a pair of Speedo's whilst I am on fire. The problem was though that there was no green. How can I spread my being on fire-ness without any green? Whilst I was concentrating on this Namor was sharpening his fork and collecting all the black. Ow I cried as he stabbed me - "Ha ha, stupid on fire man, I have a toasting fork for you!". Naturally when you get stabbed by a giant fork panic tends to set in and I tried scrambling after anything I could but it was too late as Namor rammed his stupid fork into me again and made a joke about me being done because he had stuck a fork in me. Second time out though I wasn't falling for any fork-based nonsense and soon everything was on fire. Do I just let my wildfire keep spreading or do we burn this Mutha down? Namor was melted.
    I did open the LT on this one and got an illusive Killmonger cover, so that was nice too.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn't quite lose on my first try, but I similarly underestimated Namor, got shorted on green for a while, and ended up with triple digit health before I finally managed to boil the Sub-Mariner away.