Simulator 5e node

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
I wonder if someone can explain what happened here. I was using champed Black Bolt and Gritty. After a couple of turns (where the AI cascaded like nothing else) and BB was down to 90 - 92k health, Anti-Venom cast his purple (I think it was his purple at least, it was so quick) and my BB was downed. I must have missed something in AV:s description because I do not understand what happened.

Comments

• qandols
    Ah, that explains it. Tough node indeed. BTW I've always hated Simulator. Seems as if they used a rigged game engine for this event that gives bad boards and crazy cascades the whole time  :D Thanks for the tip about checking abilities, did not know about that.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never play the Simulator at SCL10 anymore.It's a joke.  I dropped down to 9, but the rewards aren't enticing enough for me to stay interested. Sure its WAY easier, so i guess that's the compromise? 

So i will most likely skip the event.
  • qandols
    I've tried SCL 10 once and was about to throw out my computer. Never again.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:
    I just want you to know that I lol'd to myself reading this, as I imagined you playing it on your phone, yet still were angry enough to throw your innocent computer in the trash.  :)
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    PiMacleod said:
    qandols said:
    I just want you to know that I lol'd to myself reading this, as I imagined you playing it on your phone, yet still were angry enough to throw your innocent computer in the trash.  :)
    Some people play on steam.   So he would probably be cursing at his computer while playing on steam. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    With the latest rebalancing of points, it doesn't take many wins to get full progression on SCL 10 any more. So just keep that in mind before you jump down--you don't have to win nearly as much as you once did. I'm routinely hitting full progression 1 day early and I don't time my clears optimally or do full clears on every node. First day I couldn't get a single clear of the challenge node and I'm still sitting T100.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Simulator is definitely one where I don't break the health pack bank trying those harder nodes
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I actually thought Simulator was easier overall than previous Cosmic KAOS, but I didn’t go near the CN as obvious suicide
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never play the Simulator at SCL10 anymore.It's a joke.  I dropped down to 9, but the rewards aren't enticing enough for me to stay interested. Sure its WAY easier, so i guess that's the compromise? 

So i will most likely skip the event.
    Idem. This is the only one I never play at scl10
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I actually thought Simulator was easier overall than previous Cosmic KAOS, but I didn’t go near the CN as obvious suicide
    I thought the same thing on day 1....then I played day 2.