Who to shard Apocalypse or Kitty ?

tonypq
tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
I'm sick of hoarding and will likely spend my stash of 91'ish pulls in LLs. I can't decide who to set as my favorite for shards when I start pulling, Apocalypse or Kitty. I've wanted to finishing covering Apoc and Kitty. 

Who would you set to favorite for shards Apocalypse or Kitty ?

My Apocalypse is 5/2/2 with 1 saved cover and 200/500 shards. After opening a 300 pull stash couple months ago unfortunately I could only get Apoc to 5/2/2 and he is next to rotate out. My Kitty is 4/4/0 with 101/500 shards. My last stash of around 300 pulls I could only get Apoc to 5/2/2, so with around 91 pulls there is no certainty I will get the 3 covers I need to champ him. Especially when they have to be black or red covers. If I favorite Kitty I can get her to 5/5/1, the extra cover in yellow/purple are very useful, the 1 red cover would be handy as my go to team is Beta Ray Bill/5Prof who lacks a red active. 

For PVE and PVP I'm always using Beta Ray Bill and 5Prof. Apoc goes well with them as he gives me rainbow coverage with BRB/Prof and active powers in black/red/yellow which they lack. Kitty also goes well with BRB of course buffing his protects and pairs well with many others. 

Currently my champed 5s are BRB, Prof, Doom, Hela, Thanos, Captain Marvel, Hulk Immortal 5/3/5 under leveled at 410 on purpose. Then I also have OML 3/5/4, Black Panther 4/4/4, Iron Man 4/3/3, Apocalypse 5/2/2, Yelena 2/2/5, Kitty 4/4/0. My Thor is only 1/1/1 and Okoye just 2/0/1. 

Comments

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 555 Critical Contributor
    Truly you can’t go wrong with either. 

My vote’s for Apocalypse. He will bring a bit more value to any team acting in the fashion of Okoye. He is essentially the offensive version, but his high health is a clutch defensive feature.

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would start with Apoc and if you get him to 13 before you're out of pulls, switch over to Kitty for the rest of time.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Since you don't have okoye, the marginal value of apoc goes up since they do similar things.  On the other hand, getting kitty done will give you brbitty.  How much do you PvP vs pve?  (Can the more pvp-oriented players comment on brbitty vs apoc/x meta teams for PvP defense? My impression is that the meta has swung slightly away from kitty of late so that she is now merely one of several viable options, rather than being effectively  essential for top tier PvP play as she was for all of 2019).
    I think Jackstar's plan is probably the safest way to avoid feeling like you wasted resources. 
    But perhaps you should start saving all your cp for the next specialty store with okoye or Thor, since those are your two biggest 5* gaps.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Go for Apocalypse first. Kitty should be crawling her way into the annniversary special store. (Wild guess)
  • tonypq
    Ugh, 19 LL pulls not one 5*. The champ rewards on the 4s didn't net me any LL tokens either. My bad luck from my last stash has carried on. I pulled about 300 times couple months ago and couldn't champ Apoc, Hulk, Or Yelena. When I pulled then I only got Apoc to 5/2/2, Yelena 2/2/5, Hulk was something like 5/2/5. 

I stopped pulling now with 23 LL tokens left and around 1500 CPs, will try my luck later or another day SMH. 
  • tonypq
    Ended up pulling a bit more yesterday, got 3 5*s and luckily they were all Apoc 2 red 1 yellow. Now he's at 5/4/3 and about 230/500 shards. Think I pulled about 40 or so, stopped there to save all my CPs for another store or LL stash and finish Apoc via shards.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    tonypq said:
    Ugh, 19 LL pulls not one 5*. The champ rewards on the 4s didn't net me any LL tokens either. My bad luck from my last stash has carried on. I pulled about 300 times couple months ago and couldn't champ Apoc, Hulk, Or Yelena. When I pulled then I only got Apoc to 5/2/2, Yelena 2/2/5, Hulk was something like 5/2/5. 

I stopped pulling now with 23 LL tokens left and around 1500 CPs, will try my luck later or another day SMH. 
    It is really "incredible" that at this point in time, covering 5s is still so luck dependent. Shards have helped a bit, but clearly not enough.

I have had luck in my last two pulls (for BRB, ProfX and for Apoc, iHulk) and managed to cover the chars I wanted relatively fast, but every time I pull, more than exiting a feel fear :(
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares said:
    tonypq said:

It is really "incredible" that at this point in time, covering 5s is still so luck dependent. Shards have helped a bit, but clearly not enough.

I have had luck in my last two pulls (for BRB, ProfX and for Apoc, iHulk) and managed to cover the chars I wanted relatively fast, but every time I pull, more than exiting a feel fear :(

Well, slot machines have been profitable for decades.  gambling has been profitable for the house forever.  So as long people keep using buy clubs and other brute force methods that make demi/d3 money, I see little reason for them to take the RNG out of 5* acquisition.  We collectively gave them permission to keep this system by continuing to play the game for almost 5 years. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    tonypq said:
    Ended up pulling a bit more yesterday, got 3 5*s and luckily they were all Apoc 2 red 1 yellow. Now he's at 5/4/3 and about 230/500 shards. Think I pulled about 40 or so, stopped there to save all my CPs for another store or LL stash and finish Apoc via shards.
    Same for me. After seeing the newest 5* I figured I'd better cover Apoc as much as I can. I ended up pulling 20 tokens and got only 2 5*. But both were Apoc (black & yellow) taking mine to 5/4/3 as well with 375 shards so I'll finish him that way since as a 4* player I have him softcapped at L300ish for now anyway.  I thank the RnJesus gods for 2 needed covers of him quickly so I didn't have to deplete much of my 300 stash of tokens.
    KGB