HXB - Somehow a player has more points than possible

Muhhh
Muhhh Posts: 66 Match Maker
Current max points is 60, someone has 70. Not sure how this happens. 

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sadly an old bug, that has reappeared.

There is already a bug report in the relevant forum. 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder how this will affect rewards.  I mean, it is the equivalence of one match difference, and losing one match in this game can send you from 1st place to 250th place :/
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    It's not really the equivalent of losing 1 match.  Losing 1 match drops you below 100+ people with better scores than you.  Getting above perfect puts 1 person ahead of 100+ people with perfect scores. It will only matter if there are 5 or more people with greater than perfect score.  Top rewards go to ranks 1-5, so with 1 person above perfect all the perfect scores will get rank 2 instead of rank 1, which is still within the top bracket.  There might be some edge cases on the lower brackets, but with how these events go there really only is top bracket and 100+ bracket.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not really the equivalent of losing 1 match.  Losing 1 match drops you below 100+ people with better scores than you.  Getting above perfect puts 1 person ahead of 100+ people with perfect scores. It will only matter if there are 5 or more people with greater than perfect score.  Top rewards go to ranks 1-5, so with 1 person above perfect all the perfect scores will get rank 2 instead of rank 1, which is still within the top bracket.  There might be some edge cases on the lower brackets, but with how these events go there really only is top bracket and 100+ bracket.
    Aaah, good point.  So I guess the question is how many people got perfect scores + the glitch
  • Vorazg
    Vorazg Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Let's not dwell on who has what points and how they might be in first place or better than everyone else. I think the real point here is that we're having a great time playing a game like the good friends we all are, yesno? 😁
    - V
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let’s not argue about ooo killed ooo
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020

Hi everyone,

FYI, the rank rewards were not affected by this.
    We're already investigating what happened.

Thank you for the heads up,
    Marcela.