COT: Spider Woman vs Elektra - a very dodgy battle

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
So this battle is all about black. Denying it, if you get it first playing it at the right time. I actually won the race but as at that time Elektra hadn't given and then stolen any strike tiles from me I just sat on it and pursued trying to get red. However, despite my best efforts, Elektra managed to get her black out and so she started whittling me down whilst protected. However I rode it out and she gave me some strikes so I played my black and went on the offensive as we both raced for red. Elektra won easily but my black countdown was still helping me and I finally got a lucky cascade that had my red AP bar flashing. By now we had been slogging it out for a while so I zapped Elektra expecting the victory but she managed to survive with 49 health left! I finished her off - she is such a pain 1 v 1 but at least Jessica gave her some of her own medicine.

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was sitting on red and patiently waited out her shadow step. When she was out - whammo. Sweet dreams.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually eventually got her with my purple. When she's not Shadow Stepping, those traps hit hard.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Elektra is a bit of a beast one on one, and if she gets red out in a place you can't find/match, things can go sideways quickly. The match was very frustrating for me until the very end, as I had TWO casts of purple out (10 traps in total I think?) and I couldn't get her to match a single one. When she finally got red out I thought it was curtains for me, but an admittedly ridiculous cascade on my end (one of those cascades that starts with seven of the same color tile dropping in a column and going from there) took her out when I was one turn away from death by her red power.