CotT: Wasp vs. Ant-Man

Options
PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
Battle of the creepy-crawlies! Wasp is one of my favorite four-star characters, even though I don't use her that often anymore. I love to keep her blue at 5 so that it really hits hard if matched by the enemy. To my delight, Ant-man indulged me, and matched the blue countdown not once but twice - even better, the second time he matched it he downed himself! I had a nice cackle that startled my cat and I felt quite pleased with myself. 

It's a pretty decent match-up too, as things can go sideways quickly if Ant-man gets enough blue to steal your strike and protect tile. I think Ant-Man's kit is pretty interesting, but he suffers from the important numbers being too low - if he had stronger tiles and did more damage I would likely consider using him quite a bit more. 

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is one of the better match-ups on the Crash however Wasp was still too tough for Ant-man and zapped him a few times with her sting for the win.
    I also agree that Ant-man is decent but his Grow nuke is generally just too slow to get fired. I like his yellow power a lot though and whilst his blue isn't a fast steal like Medusa, it can still be a nice thing to have out there.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was pretty well able to stay ahead of Ant-Man on blue and yellow, so it went fairly smoothly. He just takes too long to get going, while Wasp's Strike/protec action ramps up really fast if there's enough yellow around. I never even fired black or had him match one of my buzzing countdowns.