Ha ha ha you crack me up MPQ!

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
£14.99 for some Talos covers!!!!! You have zero shame!

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    Everyone gets a turn.  All 4's are equal in the eyes of Demiurge.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    Apparently Demi has an extremely irrational liberal view of the MPQ world
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Worst offer ever, hands down. However, it gave me a chuckle as well...so, happy to see it.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    I was just thinking this offer was about 92 days late.
  • DAZ0273
    bluewolf said:
    That sounds like Communism to me! 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Apparently Demi has an extremely irrational liberal view of the MPQ world
    This post makes me worried about an i.pending men's rights screed about the wussification of modern men or the entitlement if millennials.  You say whatever you like, of course, but be ready for some strong sjw counterattacks if you want to continue wirh that lazy right wing junk.
    As for mpq: they have sold 75k iso for $100 US for more than 6 years. There has never been any shame.  $15 for some Talos covers is arguably a better deal. 
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I wish I could pay in ISO, they’re worth 100$ for 78000 you know?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if anyone has tried to take Talos through the whole seasonal Sim to 2000 as a challenge - I wonder if it could be done in 4* land? Worst possible 4* team from 0 to 2000 - who would it be, Talos, Emma Frost, Karolina Dean? 
  • bluewolf
    PuceMoose said:
    I wonder if anyone has tried to take Talos through the whole seasonal Sim to 2000 as a challenge - I wonder if it could be done in 4* land? Worst possible 4* team from 0 to 2000 - who would it be, Talos, Emma Frost, Karolina Dean? 
    Interesting thought, but scores in Sim are so low lately that you’d never there before getting hit by everyone who’d rather fight that team than all the other Juggs/Rocket or Karnak/Murica teams.

• DAZ0273
    So apparently expressing an opinion on the value of a bundle is flag worthy now, lol! I might have bought it for £1.49! ;)
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Strong disagree with flagging this post.  That's pretty tinykitty.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lastly I think it appeared a new hero on this forum.  Its Flagman. In fact Im starting to think on focusing collecting flags. It seems way more easy to me than likes or insightfuls :D
  • bluewolf
    edited August 2020
    It would be cool/interesting if the game supported a dynamic pricing model on things like this.  With the starting price being the ceiling and a floor being, say, 1.99 or 4.99 for 4s.

Like if they sold, say Vulture and it met their target, they would keep it at $19.99.

But every day the bundle didn't meet their goal it dropped a little.

To make that work, they'd have to make it more immediately useful somehow instead of a random offering of the 4 of the week, seemingly completely unrelated to any current essential run/crash/etc. Or put some HP in the bundle or something.  Otherwise players would try to game the system and just not buy bundles when/if it became apparent that was how it worked.

On the other hand, you would imagine that getting overall revenue up would benefit the game, and possibly if the price dropped to a point where people found it worth spending, they would see a climb in revenue and players would feel better about the game reflecting their opinion of characters.  And the devs would look smarter/more in tune with the players.

And we all know that a generic 4* cover (or 3) drops in value every time they put more in and dilute their tier more.

Anyway, just a thought as I would think they would sell some Talos bundles if it was cheap enough for people who only have, say, 1 cover and are worried about an eventual Crash.  But 19.99 is obviously more than most players would spend (maybe one person bought it in my ally?  Or they bought that Riri bundle).

As things stand now, the Friday 4 Star bundle mostly looks like a weird random offer that probably gets very few takers in general. 
  • DAZ0273
    The game has moved on but the pricing models have not. The "weekend deal" might be attractive if it featured latest 4* to speed up championing or meta 4's like R4G but only completionist players are bothered about champing every 4*. Ironically - this bundle would have helped me because Talos is one of the only Classic 4* I never bothered really with and so I could have used the covers. But sadly for Talos not only is he terrible, I have enough covers to make it through a 4E so he stays parked where he is probably forever. Perhaps if the tokens didn't have such dilution it would be viable to champ old 4*...
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    So apparently expressing an opinion on the value of a bundle is flag worthy now, lol! I might have bought it for £1.49! ;)
    The post about "extremely irrational liberal view" deserves to be flagged. Not your OP.