Forget the Red Iso. A duplicate support should go towards leveling up your current support.

Options
JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
If you pull a duplicate Support that you already have, it should not be converted into Red Iso, but should become XP for the current Support. (Unless it's a higher level, of course, which I'll discuss too.)

Devs, you like Shards? Well, we want Shards for Supports. At least I want them now, after reading Bluewolf's comment on Reddit. But not Shards like what you've done with the characters.  What I mean is that if you pull a 1-star Support and you already have that 1-star support, it should count as XP/Shards towards leveling up the current Support.

I'm going to throw out some numbers, which are irrelevant because this is a hypothetical and the Devs will do whatever they want anyway, but:

Let's just say you need 200 Support Shards to level up a 1-star Support so it becomes a 2-star Support.
If you pull a dupe 1-star support, as 1-stars are worth 50 Shards, you'd need to pull four duplicate 1-star supports to get enough XP/shards to upgrade it to a 2-star Support.

A 2-star Support needs 400 XP/Shards to level up, so you'd need four 2-star dupes (worth 100 Shards each), or eight 1-star dupes, or two 2-star and four 1-stars, etc. (you get the picture).

To level a 3-star to 4-star would require 800 Shards, with 3-star dupes being worth 200 shards.

While getting a 4-star to 5-star would require 1600 shards, with 4-star dupes being worth 400 Shards.

And what happens if you pull a higher level Support? What if you had 350 Shards on a 2-star Support when you pulled its 3-star variant? 
The Support would retain its Shards, and you'd now have a 3-star Support.with 350 shards towards the 800 needed for level 4.

Lastly, as with shards on characters, we should be able to Favorite a Support as well, and earn XP/Shards towards that Support with each Support token we pull. Each Beginner Support pull could reward 50 Shards towards your favorite Support, each Advanced Pull could reward 100 Shards, and each Master Pull could reward 200 Shards.