Down Ragnarok

Options
Unknown
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
What did you guys use to down Ragnarok? Tried it and got killed in 3 turns or something

Comments

• Clasic spider+venom= perma stun ;]
  • I used a Spider Man Classic and Venom combo. Brought in a lvl 30 something Iron Man to tank. Spider Man and Venom were both lvl 1 only, you just need to have Spider Man's Blue skill and both of Venom's skills. Bring in boosts if you have them. The +3 to all AP is good, as well as the +3 blue/purple.

At the start of the fight you can already stun him with venom's pink ability. After stunning him for 1 turn, you pretty much get a free turn so try to match some blue or pink tiles. Match black only if the other two aren't available. If black isn't available, match red or green (Ragnarok's skill colors) so that he cannot use skills. If you already have enough black AP to use Venom's Devour skill, you don't need to match any more black tiles.

When he's out of stun, stun him again with Venom's pink ability if you have enough AP for it. If not, use Spider Man's blue one.

Do your best to keep all of the web tiles on the board (don't match them). Focus on getting the blue AP and pink so you can get more web tiles on. Use your free turns while he is stunned to collect more blue/pink. When you have 6 web tiles on the board, use Venom's Devour ability for an instant KO.

This is a lot easier if your Spider Man's blue skill is leveled up, but I was still able to do it relatively easily with a lvl 1 skill. If you don't have a Spider Man yet, you can get one in this weekend's Pvp tournament.

Good luck
  • And....if you do not own spidey ?
  • Thor is good but u should have at least 20 level more then ragnarok.
    +
    Storm
    Best advice i can give farm more for 3 star heroes and then its not hard.
  • Got 2 3* cards...ragnarok an loki....yeah somehow the game mocks me...
  • If you don't have them then you need a good Black Widow to stun him for a bunch of turns
  • Now when I finally have Classic Spider and time over I'm trying to clear this one again, have had plenty of success with the combo ZzzWolph suggested but the RNG really hates me, got the 50 points on my first win, and 4 times in a row 20 ISO...
  • I've been able to take him down pretty reliably w/ L50 1* Iron Man, L40 1* Black Widow, and L40-ish Modern Storm. However it's not quickly repeatable -- at least Iron Man will be heavily damaged (or dead) at the end, and the others may've taken hits as well.

Early on match red to prevent Ragnarok from getting any; then go for blue to get the stun. Hopefully you'll get enough green/blue/red from that point on to keep comboing Storm's red/green powers and blue to re-stun Rag every 5 turns. If Ragnarok does get enough red or green to do an attack, make sure Iron Man is front and center, otherwise he's likely to OTK Black Widow or Storm.

I think I've played that one 8 times; withdrawn 3 times, gotten 20 ISO twice, and 3 of the 4 awards otherwise.
  • 2 more runs and 2 more 20 ISO...I think the RNG is broken...

Correct me if I'm wrong but 25% of getting the one I already have, 6 times in row=0,024%?
  • vaargen wrote:
    2 more runs and 2 more 20 ISO...I think the RNG is broken...

Correct me if I'm wrong but 25% of getting the one I already have, 6 times in row=0,024%?

You're wrong. icon_e_smile.gif

It's roughly 0.031% -- that's WAY better... icon_e_biggrin.gif

Honestly, I think they should change the odds of getting a 20 ISO reward to (n-m)/n+1 where n is number of rewards (total) and m is number of rewards you have remaining. So you're guaranteed the first one (0% chance of 20 ISO), and for a 4 reward spot you have a 20%/40%/60% chance of getting 20 ISO for the remaining 3 prizes (allegedly right now it's 25%/50%/75%).
  • i used a lot of luck and determination
  • vaargen wrote:
    What did you guys use to down Ragnarok? Tried it and got killed in 3 turns or something

My own Ragnarok icon_twisted.gif

If you don't own one, or are running another team, it's all about isolating him as others have said. Match reds to stop him charging and if he does get some make sure to stun or at least get someone on strike who can absorb the damage. The AI is pretty dumb at matching red when running Ragnarok, in my experience.
  • Used Thor, Black Widow, and Modern Storm. Match Blues and Greens (reds too for environment chaining) and just stun lock him for 4-5 turns every round while cleaning the board.

EZPZ
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Storm and Black Widow.

If you use boosters, get All AP + Red/Yellow + Blue/Purple. If you don't want to use bounty, you just need to be a little lucky to get the AP.

Cast Storm's Red and Green as often as possible to clear the screen and get AP. Aim to collect blue for Black Widows 5-turn stun. If you do well, you'll have him locked down.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    vaargen wrote:

My own Ragnarok icon_twisted.gif

The game won't let you run Ragnarok against Ragnarok.
  • ArchJojo wrote:
    And....if you do not own spidey ?

Level 5 Blue black widow + resource boosts works really well.