CotT: Medusa vs. Human Torch

PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
Medusa is my second highest level champed four star character, so things didn't go very well for the one who burns. I was able to match away my own countdown tile a couple of times, which really amped up the damage every turn. I was amused that Johnny did land a well placed fireball - it took out two of my red attack tiles. I didn't use any supports or use any abilities, and the countdown/attack tile damage wore him down pretty quickly. He managed to cast green as well, but didn't collect any green AP after that, so it was just a sad little pilot light in the corner.

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    So I sent my champed Medusa in with some fairly specific instructions so we could get this out of the way quickly as her lack of firepower makes her a bit bad 1 v 1. Deny red. Deny green. Chase purple. Let him have black.
    Medusa did not listen at all. She gobbled up all the black on cascade after cascade leaving Torch with a couple of consecutive match 4's on green and red! Next thing I know she is on fire and there is a green repeater blasting her every round whilst she has stolen exactly zero attack tiles. I guess maybe not being able to go to the hairdressers during lockdown made her cranky. Still, her own tile was pumping out some damage every round wearing Torch down and finally it got matched and she had an attack tile out to ramp up the damage.
    Finally her better match damage and the attack tile damage did Torch in but it was a bit of a longer process than needed. I booked Medusa a hair appointment as a well done.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a similar story. I ended the fight with something like 19 black AP, with Johnny never having managed to fire his black. But he did manage red three times and green four! Fortunately, both my countdown and his repeater got matched away pretty quickly, so I was able to stay ahead on burst health. Eventually ground him down.