Marvel Puzzle Quest R206 Release Notes (7/6/20)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

Here are the R206 Release Notes:

“Iron Fist”

Battle your opponents with an ALL-NEW character for hire, introduce new Heroes to S.H.I.E.L.D. including Killmonger, stock up on rewards, and round out the end of Mind Stone Season on top!

• Further improvements have been made to Supports:
    • When swapping a Support for one you already have equipped, a pop up is displayed comparing both Supports (including perks).
    • The Support info screen now displays all info on a single page. Scrolling down the page now reveals the perks for that Support.
    • Each Support can now be swapped up to 3 times per day. Previously, you had to wait 2 hours between swapping a single Support.
    • Supports can now be unequipped.
    • Simplified the process of equipping Supports.
  • When using Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) with multiple enemy minions of the same type, the description for the power “Damnation” now gives the position of the minion that has dealt the most damage.
  • The “Dora Milaje” Support’s Rank 4 perk now correctly increases the equipped character’s maximum health in battle.
  • Text and images on pack odds screens are now correctly centered.
  • Tiles will no longer appear incorrectly (wrong colors, invisible, etc) on some Samsung Devices.
  • Text will now correctly wrap in Introducing… Character Story events.
  • Several banners now play at the correct time while animations are turned on.

Comments

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* Doom?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am really glad you are working on Supports and improving them.  But is it possible to make the fonts on the descriptions a little bigger?  The new UI shrunk everything!

I do like the swapping mechanic and the way you can preview the change.  Nice work.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jackstar0 said:
    4* Doom?
    Thats a possibility. Could also be Magneto.

Though if we get another Magneto he really should be a 5* but you know coughlegioncough
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally we will be able to read balloons. Nice.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I assume it's a 4*, so it probably won't be another Bucky, but that Flaptain/Winter Soldier show is out there in the aether someplace i guess
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Bad said:
    Finally we will be able to read balloons. Nice.
    Before you get too excited, the problem was revolving around the rewards screens between nodes for the Introducing event.

The fix is that the text was showing up weird before.  Something like:
    "Introducin
    g......Killmonger"

So they fixed that.  Which is good, but not what people were mostly feeling frustrated about.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The Support info screen now displays all info on a single page. Scrolling down the page now reveals the perks for that Support.

Is it possible to get this for the character pages as well. It would be a lot simpler to just scroll down the page to see health, damage, how many saved covers there are and the sell option. This change would also mean we would only have to hit the back button once when applying covers.

I think this would be much more useful on regular characters than on supports.

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    But if you look at it backwards, it’s Tsif  nori. Searching Nori in google brought up Noriko “Nori” Ashida, or Surge. Sure, we got a lot of Mutants lately, but she was also a leader, and why not one more?
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What an improvement! Previously, you could only swap supports 12 times per day! Now you can do it 3 times!!!
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I forgot supports exist....... 
  • bluewolf
    Options
    helix72 said:
    What an improvement! Previously, you could only swap supports 12 times per day! Now you can do it 3 times!!!
    It's a fair point here, but how many times were you moving supports before?  Many (most?) people play PVE in a short timeframe within 2 hours or so anyway (even if not at the open, I suspect many players do most of their clears in a certain window of time each day) and don't touch it again for about 24 hours.  At most before, you might move a Support you are using in a current PVE for a Crash or where there is an untimed PVE running.

I agree it should be more than 3 but they (I assume) limit the swaps to keep you from just using the same few supports on everyone and switching for each node.

And most of the time you use the same characters in most of your clears so you figure out which Support is best on each of them and you're off.

At least with 3 swaps you can try one on someone, decide it's no good and switch it for another.  Technically you can move any of your (possibly dozens) of Supports to a character who you might be experimenting with (as long as they can equip that Support, anyway).  I think this is far better than the old limit where you might try Avengers Tower on say, Legion and decide it's no good, but you can't put any other Support on him for 2 hours. 

I just tried this and confirmed it, the only limit is on how many times a particular support can be moved in a day.  If you are looking for the best Support on a character this is far more player friendly.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    helix72 said:
    Previously if I had an under covered 4 star in the crash of the titans and wanted to use a support to make it easier,  if I tried one support and it didn't work well I had to wait 2 hours before I could try a new one and then another 2 hours if that one wasn't quite right. 

Now you can have some freedom to experiment a bit. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I rarely swap my Supports around. At most it's twice a week. On average, it's twice a month.

Enable Supports in PvPs and it's a whole different thing. 
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Looks like they changed the shield icon beside the player name in PVP.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Rhipf said:
    The Support info screen now displays all info on a single page. Scrolling down the page now reveals the perks for that Support.

Is it possible to get this for the character pages as well. It would be a lot simpler to just scroll down the page to see health, damage, how many saved covers there are and the sell option. This change would also mean we would only have to hit the back button once when applying covers.

I'd also advocate for this. The current character UI is not great.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I rarely swap my Supports around. At most it's twice a week. On average, it's twice a month.

Enable Supports in PvPs and it's a whole different thing. 
    I disagree that’s a huge disadvantage, there’s already enough imbalance in that arena . Although now I only swap a support in DDQ’s LT battle every 5 days at most. Swapping supports is like a whale swapping out Gritty in PvP, players only play their strongest team . I’ve been beaten hundreds of times by the same players, always using same 2 characters . I’d rather see mandatory character swapping 
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    “Iron Fist!”
    DEATHLOK!!!
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My commentary had less to do with the overall cost/benefit of the change and more to do with the continued pattern of behavior:

1) Devs introduce a change that was not a top concern with the community while still ignoring other more pressing issues (like actually acquiring supports/support ranks), with no forewarning and no opportunity for community to weigh in
    2) Said change is described in a way to make it sound like it is all positive/accretive
    3) Said change actually comes with a tradeoff/reduction

I can tell you that overall I do see this change as positive, but not entirely so. I don't play for placement so timing isn't an issue for me, but I do play for progression. I also switch supports often, mostly Chewie, because I always want Chewie on whoever is tanking the most to increase the number of Attack tiles being put out. Given each essential node in PvE is likely to have a different tank, you can see how it would be easy to get over 3 per day just on PvE alone, ignoring other things like DDQ or special events like Introducing XYZ that might be running concurrently.

Again, overall positive, but not without an ignored tradeoff.
  • MorganWick
    MorganWick Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Rhipf said:

I think this would be much more useful on regular characters than on supports.

Honestly it wouldn't take much to put some of this info on the main character screen without adding scrolling. Currently the main screen shows max health but not current health; it shouldn't be too difficult to add the current health next to the max health. Adding a saved-cover count and save-cover button should be pretty simple and not clutter things up too much. Not so sure about damage beyond the primary colors and the sell option (though adding the sell option to the main screen for max-champed characters should be doable).