Why y'all picking TED in DDZvE?

Options
GrizzoMtGPQ
GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
Curious, because as far as I can tell you're missing out on really good rewards. You can nab an easy 40 MJ, 150 MC, and 500 Orbs for almost no effort. The ROI for this event is better than anything in the game.

Why y'all picking TED in DDZvE? 9 votes

I really want TED to win so I can get Eye of Ugin
22%
soultwistZethish 2 votes
I'm a masochist that likes to lose
22%
bk1234WiLDRAGE 2 votes
I think TED can win
0%
I have no idea
0%
Other
55%
GrizzoMtGPQStormcrowJopeX37greenmeaniespellsmasher 5 votes

Comments

• GrizzoMtGPQ
    Options
    Other
    I never pick TED. 
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I really want TED to win so I can get Eye of Ugin
    Id much much rather play TED and Drowner/Prism and want Eye but I did pick Nissa this time :(

• Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Today I always pick Nissa for the guaranteed better rewards but a legitimate reason to choose TED that used to drive me to play him was access to ZvE TED packs as a part of the “losing side” reward so I could complete that side of the collection.
  • greenmeanie
    greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Other
    I haven't been picked Ted since I got eye of ugin.  That's way back when Ted would win.  
  • Caeman
    Caeman Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    TED hasn’t had much of a chance since the Grixis nerf and has just been made much weaker with the Scions only giving 3 mana regardless of Scion’s power.
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I haven't been picked Ted since I got eye of ugin.  That's way back when Ted would win.  
    Same
  • Caeman
    Options
    I say give the people who want Eye of Ugin a chance to get it. Same with Daxos. Let’s post and give the other side fair shake and let them collect the card; it’s no skin off our backs if we give TED a softball pitch. 
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Options
    Other
    Yes, this is a classic tragedy of the commons problem. Since Nissa is so much faster the incentive is to pick her to farm runes. The rest is history. There is no way to marshall the player base sufficiently to ever get TED to win. 
  • WiLDRAGE
    WiLDRAGE Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    To clarify, I haven't picked TED, never will as he is absolute garbage but I voted the only logical reason someone would.
  • Caeman
    Options
    TED had a chance when it wasn’t nerfed to Grixis. Since TED was unable to use Hixus cheap delay and smiting cards, it’s been one-sided. Plus, newbies are introduced to green alone, and they’ll stick with what’s comfortable.
    TED is also a very expensive PW to obtain, and because it’s mired in legacy mechanics, it’s not worth the purchase. Nissa is not.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don’t play this event anymore because I’ve won both sides, but this is clearly the only correct answer. 
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    critman said:
    The duel deck format is always going to collapse into one side always winning, isn't it?
    There is no way to marshall the player base sufficiently to ever get TED to win. 
    In an absolutist sense, I disagree.  There are definitely changes Oktagon could make to make the winning side more dynamic.  There've been discussions of these in other threads.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nissa worldwaker is a great Walker while there's nothing good about TED. 
    I can't find any situation where i would pick TED over nissa ...it IS just a bad planeswalker... Duel decks IS the symptom, not the cause.

• naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    i play first part both pw and than wait until we habe clear winner, than coose that one for resources. This will be true until the game forces us to make an decision right by entering the game and let us test the pws for a limited time in tg while the event is running.
    Anything else seems senseless to me