Another missed event thanks to Steam/mobile incompatibility

Options
Hi ice & co, just wanted to bring up for the umpteenth time that steam users need a mobile option to stay competitive. I opted to go straight to my girlfriend's for the night , rather than go home to bring my computer (which I've done before for MPQ), and now I cannot compete in the Sentry event.

Come on devs, it's been almost a year since launch! LINK THE TINYKITTYING PLATFORMS!!!

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Right... Not sure if they just don't care or if there are serious technical limitations.
  • Unknown
    Options
    At this point I have to conclude that their programmers don't have the skillset to get it working, and they don't want to hire anyone that does.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bonerang wrote:
    Right... Not sure if they just don't care or if there are serious technical limitations.

You got it right first time. This hasnt been talked about for a while so obviously people are happy about not being able to link PC to mobile.

No good leaving poor reviews until it gets fixed as app/play store reviews dont matter and forum opinion just gets ignored. Try raising the issue on various social media and I am sure they will get back to you just after you make an initial purchase of a Stark Salary.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I can't even give this game bad word of mouth as everyone I know already thinks I'm insane for playing a puzzle game.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    benomoth wrote:
    Hi ice & co, just wanted to bring up for the umpteenth time that steam users need a mobile option to stay competitive. I opted to go straight to my girlfriend's for the night , rather than go home to bring my computer (which I've done before for MPQ), and now I cannot compete in the Sentry event.

Come on devs, it's been almost a year since launch! LINK THE TINYKITTYING PLATFORMS!!!

If you're going over to your GFs for a sleepover, and you absolutely must play MPQ (really?), why don't you just play on her PC? your MPQ save on steam is on the cloud so it's just a matter of logging in to your account on her pc and downloading MPQ.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The current and last round have no rubberbanding, so if you could've played anywhere near the last 12 hours of the event ending, it shouldn't have mattered. For that matter, if you could've played earlier than that, it is equally valuable as playing at any time in the last 12 hours.

I've noticed a trend with the recent rubberbanding, the emphasis on playing at the exact right time is greatly reduced. You obviously still want to play as close to the end as possible, but it's no longer like the past where you shouldn't even bother playing if you can't make the last 2 hours. I had some sub brackets where I'm pretty sure the top of sub bracket never changed for 2 hours, so the leader finished his playing way earlier than me but I still never came close to catching him.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I am a bit grateful it isn't possible at the moment. My work would suffer immensely.
  • ToryTory
    ToryTory Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    benomoth wrote:

While D3 hasn't given any official word, a week or two ago, Ice has stated that iOS to steam and vice versa is still in the works. It was in one of the patch note threads. So while it's not completely dead, there's still hope. I've been asking about this about a week after I started playing back in December.

Btw, if you're upset that you're missing out on a game while staying over at someone else's house, you should probably see a shrink. icon_mrgreen.gif.

Game on!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Fact1: In the times of beta, mobile users were given a link in order to test the Steam version using their accounts. This link is still working - there are people who play on both platforms.

Fact2: One person from the top alliances send a ticket in 2013 asking about the possibility to link two accounts (mobile + Steam) and they did it for them.

Conclusion?
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know for a fact that one of the member of one of the 5DA has their mobile and Steam accounts linked and working so it can be done.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All those beta ones were linked manually, IIRC. I'm guessing D3 doesn't want to deal with that kind of scale, and the CS people may not be trained to do it
  • Unknown
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:
    If you're going over to your GFs for a sleepover, and you absolutely must play MPQ (really?), why don't you just play on her PC? your MPQ save on steam is on the cloud so it's just a matter of logging in to your account on her pc and downloading MPQ.

She's got a Mac icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    benomoth wrote:
    kidicarus wrote:

She's got a Mac icon_e_sad.gif

Dump her! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    ToryTory wrote:
    Btw, if you're upset that you're missing out on a game while staying over at someone else's house, you should probably see a shrink. icon_mrgreen.gif.

If they want to make events 10 days long,they need to level the playing field for everyone. I posted yesterday morning because I want that Sentry but I can only have him if I a) plan my life around MPQ or b) tether a laptop to my chest when I go out.

But you make a good point. Maybe my shrink can help me figure out why my dreams all take place in a colorful grid.
  • ToryTory
    ToryTory Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    benomoth wrote:
    ToryTory wrote:

If they want to make events 10 days long,they need to level the playing field for everyone. I posted yesterday morning because I want that Sentry but I can only have him if I a) plan my life around MPQ or b) tether a laptop to my chest when I go out.

But you make a good point. Maybe my shrink can help me figure out why my dreams all take place in a colorful grid.

If it's any consolation, I work 4-5 days a week, clocking minimum 50 hours. Events usually end 11 am, which I'm at work, or 11 pm, which I have 30-60 mins to play. I still managed 2 covers in MOST pve events, only waking up 30 mins earlier before work.

So yes, I'd like to see Steam -> iOS myself but D3/Demiurge has more important issues trying to figure out how to get your money out of your wallet instead of trying to figure out what players want/need.
  • Unknown
    Options
    the steam disadvantages is one of the main reasons i just quit... so yeah.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malkavian wrote:
    the steam disadvantages is one of the main reasons i just quit... so yeah.

STEAM IS GREAT. PC IS GREAT.