A question regarding Bonus Shards (Separated topic due to previous topic being quite old.)

Options
IIAlonditeII
IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler

MoonKnight said:
IceIX said:
gahcior2 said:
(in the case of heroic packs) does the timer of both 3* and 4* resets when you get either of those or is It just from the tier you got the bonus shards from ? Also thanks for the update , this is a very nice change.
The timer is combined for any/all pulls. Past analytics of knowing *what* is pulled after the fact, the game doesn't really differentiate between pull "types", so it'd be difficult to make it know to avoid or weight specific pull types.
So if a player pulls from an LL and get a bonus 4* shard, your 5* shard bonus will reset? Am I interpreting that correctly? If that’s the case, it will be extremely extremely unlikely to get a bonus 5* shard, as the 4* rate will just be higher. 
@LakeStone may know as well. 

Ice's answer wasn't clear - he said there's a timer per pack, and that the pack doesn't differentiate between 4s and 5s. A reader could interpret this to mean;

A) Both timers reset when a 4 Bonus or 5 Bonus is Triggered
or
B) The pack accrues both timer values when A 4 or a 5 is pulled

We know for a fact that B is true now. I would like a developer to weigh in on A.

The Question in Earnest:
If you have pulled, say, 100 Latest Legends, and your "pity timer" is very near 100%, and on your next pull the "Bonus 4* Shards!" Triggers, does the pity timer on your Bonus 5* Shards also reset at that time?

Comments

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My bonus shards have only been for 4-stars so far, and all for 50 shards too.
    The numbers of pulls it took for bonus to trigger were:
    45, 42, 56, 39, 12, and 34 and counting atm.
    At the same time, targeted 4-star get an extra level about every 12 pulls or so. It varies from other sources like season 10 pack of mighty tokens and bonus shards but it looks like it dropped from ~15-16 pulls it was taking from before the bonus shards (mostly eyeballing this part, though).
    No idea what an avarage was or would have been for the targeted 5-star, as i've changed a few over this period and since CL 10 started, there were shards from there that I just hadn't kept track of. But it can't be higher than 167. At this rate, if the timers are separate, I'm waiting for ~400 pulls to see if it appears...
    I believe it does reset though. It would just drop the chance of 5-star shards even more without saying so explicitly in the displayed odds in game (which are still pretty obfuscating anyway) that I can't see our game not taking advantage of it. :pensive:

• IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Kolence said:
    My bonus shards have only been for 4-stars so far, and all for 50 shards too.
    The numbers of pulls it took for bonus to trigger were:
    45, 42, 56, 39, 12, and 34 and counting atm.
    At the same time, targeted 4-star get an extra level about every 12 pulls or so. It varies from other sources like season 10 pack of mighty tokens and bonus shards but it looks like it dropped from ~15-16 pulls it was taking from before the bonus shards (mostly eyeballing this part, though).
    No idea what an avarage was or would have been for the targeted 5-star, as i've changed a few over this period and since CL 10 started, there were shards from there that I just hadn't kept track of. But it can't be higher than 167. At this rate, if the timers are separate, I'm waiting for ~400 pulls to see if it appears...
    I believe it does reset though. It would just drop the chance of 5-star shards even more without saying so explicitly in the displayed odds in game (which are still pretty obfuscating anyway) that I can't see our game not taking advantage of it. :pensive:

Helpful as always, Nedaj!