$1.99 Starter Pack

Options
KGB
KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
$1.99 starter pack offer today.
600 hp, 3 3* Spiderman covers and 3200 ISO.
Seems like a fantastic deal given that a Bugle Pittance for $1.99 gives just 200 HP.
You also get a month of free extra rewards in PvE as well for buy this (if you aren't buying VIP or  something else).
For all the players who complain that offers are too expensive, is this an offer you will buy?
KGB

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    As per usual, we should clarify whether the value is "good" relative to other mpq offerings (which are generally wildly over-priced IMO), or "good" even when compared to other mobile games or entertainment options.

This is a crazy good deal by mpq standards, and a reasonably good deal in terms of overall freemium gaming bundles.

For anyone who is still in the early, roster- slot strapped stages of the get, this is an excellent deal.  If a player is willing to spend on mpq at all, then buying this offer  and putting all the go into roster slot makes sense. For veterans, I am less enthusiastic.  600hp for $2 is ok, but only because HP has been ratcheted down so heavily in the past 6 months.  I am reluctant to reward demi for their blalant attempts to starve the players of HP to induce purchases.  On the other hand, if they offer sufficiently good value, then maybe I can live with the predatory monetization strategy.  I would almost certainly buy this for 1k HP just to get the extra roster slot and 4 weeks of bonus rewards, and I am tempted, perhaps for the first time in ~18 months.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Vhailorx

Thank you for putting into words that which I cannot. It is a comparatively good deal, but still 400 shy of a whole roster slot & some covers I don’t care much about. I’m hesitant to reward the recent changes in the game as well, but if they can do something to actually fix the rewards wasteland, I might consider dropping some cash on VIP or a good bundle.

Even then, I feel like there’s a doomsday clock on the game due to the new release schedule.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It’s $2. I bought it.

Did not need the Spidey covers but the HP will be handy. Meanwhile that Sakaar offer is languishing away even though I could actually use it.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    krakenoon said:
    @Vhailorx

Thank you for putting into words that which I cannot. It is a comparatively good deal, but still 400 shy of a whole roster slot & some covers I don’t care much about. I’m hesitant to reward the recent changes in the game as well, but if they can do something to actually fix the rewards wasteland, I might consider dropping some cash on VIP or a good bundle.

Even then, I feel like there’s a doomsday clock on the game due to the new release schedule.
    A month of PvE extra rewards will almost certainly get you 400 more HP. Probably more than that actually. Also you'll get roughly 15K ISO (500/day) and 30 heroics (1/day) and a few CP. If you aren't already getting these rewards via VIP then this bundle makes a lot more sense especially for rosters like yours that need those bonus resources.
    KGB
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i dont buy these bundles EVER....

That said... This is the first time I've been tempted.  And its strictly because I DO buy the $2 a month to keep the rewards flowing in.  This is the first time my $2 are looking in a different direction...

...its just too bad I JUST SPENT MY $2 like a couple days ago.  Oh well... That's the ONLY reason I'm passing on it.  If I was closer to my 'renew' date, I'd do it.
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't see the offer.... But if I did I would buy
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I bought it , $2 for 600 HP and 28 reward days bonus is the best deal I’ve seen playing . 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I bought it. What the heck? The HP will get use.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a really good deal. 100 HP are tradtionally priced between .5(Stark Salary) and $1(Bungle Pittance). For this bundle, it's only .33 per 100 HP.

What's more, you get three 3* cover, some iso-8, and activation of 28 day rewards.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll definitely buy it. While I just bought a Pittance 10 days a go to reactivate the intercept rewards, this is still one of the few non-SCL deals that actually seems like a "good/reasonable" deal to me, so I'll support it. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i'm hoping my bonus rewards run out before this deal is gone. i'll scoop this over a bugle pittance any day.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought about spending a little extra. Then I played the Danger Room/Dumpster Fire pvp and remembered my wallet is sealed as long as Garbageshop exists in his original 6* state. 

Nope. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My rewards had run out so I decided to purchase this time as it is a better deal than just buying the HP and the Spidey covers added levels to my dupe, so all good.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I thought about spending a little extra. Then I played the Danger Room/Dumpster Fire pvp and remembered my wallet is sealed as long as Garbageshop exists in his original 6* state. 

Nope. 
    Who is that ?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:

Nope. 
    Who is that ?
    Super(X)man. Mr Invulnerable. The Man Who Does It All. 

Stuns for 4 turns. Generates near infinite AP. Destroys your AP. Hits back harder than he gets hit. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    bluewolf said:

Nope. 
    Who is that ?
    Super(X)man. Mr Invulnerable. The Man Who Does It All. 

Stuns for 4 turns. Generates near infinite AP. Destroys your AP. Hits back harder than he gets hit. 
    He Man!!!! I hope we get Ram Man too!
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quickest purchase I've made in months.
  • stevenbrule
    stevenbrule Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    For those that haven't done so, I'd suggest downloading and signing up for Google Rewards. It's a bunch of stupid survey questions that you get - did you go to xxx store and how was it? are you a full-time student? These come at irregular intervals and pay you a varying amount of money (between 10 and 50 cents in my experience), but because I live in a big city, I'm able to get a Bugle Pittance's amount about once a month from it.