Time to transition to 4* land. Suggestions?

Options
Rhipf
Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
I finally max champed all my 3*s. I have deliberately waited until this point before champing any 4*s (no 4*s above 255 prior to max champing 3*s). There really isn't any reason I did this other than I just decided to do one max champ one tier at a time and was trying to keep my MMR down for PvP.
Once the 3*s were done I champed my 4* Gamora. Grocket and Juggernaut. I was hoping to get some suggestions on what else I should champ first. I don't plan on max champing any 5*s for the foreseeable future if that changes the suggestions.

Note: I have also kept my 5*s at 255 up to now. I may level them up but will keep them 5ish levels behind my top 5 or so 4*s.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You must be flowing with iso-8 - at least 10 millions? I had 6 millions when I moved to 4* land.

Vulture, Karnak, America Chavez, C4rol, Rogue, Deadpool, Bishop, CapWorthy, Sabretooth and whoever you want as 5* rewards.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Iceman, Valkyrie, Peggy, Spidey 2099, Danvers, and Medusa. In addition to those listed above.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You’ve got to have Juggernaut first thing as an enormous shield . Bishop obviously is second and everyone will skip attacking you just seeing him in the opposing team . Chavez and Medusa next. Vulture, Carol and Sabertooth follows . The last 3 of the top 10 customize to your style of play , but I’d go Valkyrie, Grocket and Rogue.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Do you play PvE, PvP, or both?
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    All of the characters mentioned are worthy of attention, but you want synergy in duos. Juggernaut & Grocket will make life in PvE a lot easier (make sure to kit them out with good supports). Juggs needs to be champed, Grocket not so much (5 yellow & fellow GotG are enough, but more levels gives increases to those strikes but in small increments). Karnak & America are about as popular in PvP as Medusa & Carnage from what I can tell, do with that what you will.

I might have missed it, but I’m surprised by the lack of G4mora on these lists. While Iceman can self fuel & has self-synergy, I would say G4mora is a more reliable stunner (Iceman’s stun switches to damage after being cast until a countdown resolves). You may only rarely get G4mora’s insta-kill, but it’s nice when you do.

Also, don’t be surprised if there are some changes to Bishop coming down the pipe. I can’t say it’s certain in any way, but it looks like the devs are ready to start retooling some characters and there have been a lot of calls to nerf him.

Without knowing where your toons are it’s tough to give an order, but I will say I feel I screwed myself by champing my Worthy 1st. Might have been better if I had 5* Hawkeye.

Juggs/Grocket for PvE, a good duo for PvP, a strong stunner & a god-killer (fast, heavy nuke) are a good start IMO. You’ll want to eventually add AP shenanigans to the mix but as your MMR starts working it’s way up, you will be able to tell where you want to go.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions I will adjust my champing strategy accordingly. 8^)
    I selected Gamora, Grocket and Jugs as the first three to champ since I mainly play PvE and these three help with clears. I also do some PvP but mainly just for progression rewards when they interest me.
    I do have a healthy stash of iso8 (just shy of 9mill at the moment) so will probably go on a champing spree shortly. I have a lot of 4*s at 255 so it shouldn't take too much iso to champ them.
    I will most likely add Bishop to the mix even if they retool him eventually I would be champing anyway and can use him while he is still a top player (in PvP anyway).
    The main reason I started the thread was to see if any of the resent new releases had changed the game much. It looks like from the suggestions here not much has changed since Bishop/Jugs entered the scene (can't recall which is the most recent).

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rhipf said:
    Thanks for all the suggestions I will adjust my champing strategy accordingly. 8^)
    I selected Gamora, Grocket and Jugs as the first three to champ since I mainly play PvE and these three help with clears. I also do some PvP but mainly just for progression rewards when they interest me.
    I do have a healthy stash of iso8 (just shy of 9mill at the moment) so will probably go on a champing spree shortly. I have a lot of 4*s at 255 so it shouldn't take too much iso to champ them.
    I will most likely add Bishop to the mix even if they retool him eventually I would be champing anyway and can use him while he is still a top player (in PvP anyway).
    The main reason I started the thread was to see if any of the resent new releases had changed the game much. It looks like from the suggestions here not much has changed since Bishop/Jugs entered the scene (can't recall which is the most recent).

Juggs is more recent than Bishop.
    If you mostly play PvE then Karnak should be a higher priority over Bishop. He and America make a very nice 2nd string PvE team for those nodes with a lot of tile movers (where you might lose Rockets tiles) and especially help on the 5E node when Juggs doesn't tank as much due to the 5*.
    I personally don't find Bishop useful at all in 4* PvP. I maybe use him if he is boosted. Otherwise I can reach 900 without him. He may be a must for 5* PvP but he's not for 4* PvP.
    KGB
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Park Worthy at 270 and don't champ him.  He needs to be underleveled to help.  At this point I don't think he'll help you too much until you get Carol champed.  He really only works with Carol/Grocket, Gamora/HE5, or maybe Drax/Grocket.  

Besides the characters mentioned above, Hellcat, Skrull, and Human Torch are pretty good.  Actually most of the new characters have been good.  The reason people don't use them is either they are playing for speed, or they're deep in 4* land or 5* land.  Since, you're starting out in 4* land, you probably won't have older characters be so high in level that the new characters are unusable outside of boost week.  

Of the older characters, Carnage goes well with Medusa (Kraven or Nico as a 3rd).  

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Torch is actually the deadliest 4 once you have a champed Okoye years from now. Legion and Skrull are new and each give you 6 fast powers instead of 3 , with the right support you could have 15 useful powers at your disposal . Great in 4* land .