5 good reasons, why we DON'T need RGP anymore...

coldity
coldity Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
edited June 2020 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Well, I know, that some players say RGP is their favourite event (what I can't understand at all, especially when the same people are highly against TE).. however, I'm also not a fan of RGP, here are some tinykitty reasons: 

1.) This event is for veteran players absolutely NOT challenging, it's actually a tinykitty cakewalk, not to say it's boring...

2.) The same way it's really lame for vet players, for anyone new to the game, it's almost impossible to compete at all.. it's hard to keep those players motivated, not only because the tinykitty OP opponents, but also because 

3.) It's grinding as fork... this event is lasting once again (almost) tinykitty 96 hours, just as the last one.... is this really necessary?? I don't think so... the common people have so called "jobs", where they usually are starting on mondays, which results mostly in less time to play... just IF all players of any team will grind AF, there are still

4.) The really poor rewards: I mean, if anyone thinks, grinding this event for four days with either being bored AF or demotivated by OP decks, you could at least expect decent rewards? Well, totally wrong...
In fact, the amount of crystals is nearly the same as though you play both TGs of the respective event days instead... on the other hand, there are those well balanced duel events, where everyone will get an immense amount of rewards (cards/crystals/jewels) for actually doing nothing but joining a tinykitty  party... that's pretty lame....

5.) The time might be right, to finally release some new, challenging (I'm not talking about stuff like Titanomachy or Hunter X Bonder, though. They also suck, but in a different way) and innovative coalition events that are thrilling and fun to play for ALL players.. how about any kind of event where actually skills in deckbuilding are needed/going to be rewarded, like a pauper play event for instance, or an event where ALL players will have the same pool of given cards to build event decks from...??

Consider this...

Kind regards

P.S.: I've used my own profanity filter once again, please fill up the tinykitties with some appropriate words of your choice... 

Comments

• Draconis
    Draconis Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I agree this is way too long. Like an energizer battery it keeps going and going...
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    @coldity - quite agree the event is way to long. I really wish you wouldn’t have mentioned pauper in the same thread as RGP, because you can be sure that the next iteration of RGP will include several pauper objectives and no changes to the decks we will face.  :s
  • Wolfteeth
    Wolfteeth Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    coldity said:
    Well, I know, that some players say RGP is their favourite event (what I can't understand at all, especially when the same people are highly against TE).. however, I'm also not a fan of RGP, here are some tinykitty reasons: 

1.) This event is for veteran players absolutely NOT challenging, it's actually a tinykitty cakewalk, not to say it's boring...

2.) The same way it's really lame for vet players, for anyone new to the game, it's almost impossible to compete at all.. it's hard to keep those players motivated, not only because the tinykitty OP opponents, but also because 

3.) It's grinding as fork... this event is lasting once again (almost) tinykitty 96 hours, just as the last one.... is this really necessary?? I don't think so... the common people have so called "jobs", where they usually are starting on mondays, which results mostly in less time to play... just IF all players of any team will grind AF, there are still

4.) The really poor rewards: I mean, if anyone thinks, grinding this event for four days with either being bored AF or demotivated by OP decks, you could at least expect decent rewards? Well, totally wrong...
    In fact, the amount of crystals is nearly the same as though you play both TGs of the respective event days instead... on the other hand, there are those well balanced duel events, where everyone will get an immense amount of rewards (cards/crystals/jewels) for actually doing nothing but joining a tinykitty  party... that's pretty lame....

5.) The time might be right, to finally release some new, challenging (I'm not talking about stuff like Titanomachy or Hunter X Bonder, though. They also suck, but in a different way) and innovative coalition events that are thrilling and fun to play for ALL players.. how about any kind of event where actually skills in deckbuilding are needed/going to be rewarded, like a pauper play event for instance, or an event where ALL players will have the same pool of given cards to build event decks from...??

Consider this...

Kind regards

P.S.: I've used my own profanity filter once again, please fill up the tinykitties with some appropriate words of your choice... 

People have been saying this forever but no one listens
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2020
    Anyway, if someone removes Rotgp, please remove Elderspark at the same time (or even earlier ... The sooner the better actually)

They could still be good candidates for a weekly pve event like ToZ..  that would keep the flavor without the painful grind.
  • coldity
    coldity Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    I totally agree your point @Bil
  • Caeman
    Caeman Posts: 65 Match Maker
    I think what’s worse is the developers are coasting on old material. The reason they keep going to the old tropes is that they haven’t thought of anything to replace them. RotGP should have gone the way of the Trial of Zeal a long time ago and had another PvE coalition event thematic for ANY of the three new standard blocks take its place.
    I can appreciate that new material is what keeps players spending, but without a field to play in and constantly praying that the old playgrounds are going to cut it is a self-defeating premise and more long-term costly as players will search for greener pastures.
  • Bil
    edited June 2020
    Caeman said:
    I think what’s worse is the developers are coasting on old material. The reason they keep going to the old tropes is that they haven’t thought of anything to replace them. 
    That's probably not the only reason. We have fresh events with ikoria and we don't see them too often. We had fresh coalition content for both Theros and Eldraine and we didnt see them too often ( and that was ok by me... Their rewards are bad enough to make them feel like wasted Time).
    There IS fresh content, but running those events would mean allowing players to get some recent boosters ... Which looks the total opposite if their recent commercial policy (making recent boosters harder to get to push players towards VIP and PP's).
  • Caeman
    Caeman Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Bil said:
    Caeman said:
    I think what’s worse is the developers are coasting on old material. The reason they keep going to the old tropes is that they haven’t thought of anything to replace them. 
    That's probably not the only reason. We have fresh events with ikoria and we don't see them too often. We had fresh coalition content for both Theros and Eldraine and we didnt see them too often ( and that was ok by me... Their rewards are bad enough to make them feel like wasted Time).
    There IS fresh content, but running those events would mean allowing players to get some recent boosters ... Which looks the total opposite if their recent commercial policy (making recent boosters harder to get to push players towards VIP and PP's).
    We don’t have two fresh events; we have two re-hashes of two poorly designed events from the previous block. That’s not a new playground; that’s slapping a coat of bargain store paint on a rusty swing set.
  • Bil
    edited June 2020
    Caeman said:
    Bil said:
    Caeman said:
    We don’t have two fresh events; we have two re-hashes of two poorly designed events from the previous block. That’s not a new playground; that’s slapping a coat of bargain store paint on a rusty swing set.
    Well yeah ...i'd Say we've been playing rehashed since 4 years if we are going that way. ^^
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    I don’t won’t battle any more bosses with Hp. Please retire that nonsense.
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    The only reason I can think of is that all their resources are needed to prepare for the release of future sets. There are so many minor tweaks to the interface, bugs to be addressed and revamps to events that should be already done ( baffles my mind that there is no toggle for standard/legacy deck building). No events should eat up your weekend, start them Thursday with most charges available. I can't foresee any major changes as I'm resigned to the fact that they see a finite end to Hiberium's code at some point. I'll reserve myself to sit on the sidelines until I see a major update or restart to the game.