Legion is the new 4 for June

Options

Comments

• bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @DarthDeVo needs to see this. His skills are needed.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is on Facebook too.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    This is on Facebook too.
    Well, at least someone is interested in keeping the players informed.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,193 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Definitely love the destroy ap power.  I hope they playtested him, cause the constant swapping of colors looks like a coding nightmare rife with bugs.  One that I can see happening right away are tiles not reflecting him tanking a new color when it switches.  We already get that now I think with Juggs and Karnak if they're downed.  
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bowla33 said:
    @DarthDeVo needs to see this. His skills are needed.
    Initial thoughts: Should have been a 5* from canon standpoint, but we all know MPQ doesn't always conform to that. 

I gotta tip my hat to the person (or people) who came up with a kit that has an active power on every color and passively switches based on AP amount. 

My gut reaction is he might be kind of annoying to use, honestly. You'll be at the mercy of the board and the matches available will dictate which powers you have available.

I foresee a lot of double firing to get to a desired power. Say you have at least 6 in both yellow and black; you want to fire yellow, but only have 7 and 10 in black. That means you'll have to fire his black (or use black for an ally power) to swap to his yellow. And by the sound of it, the swap won't happen until your next turn starts, so there's definitely the possibility that you might get stuck needing to fire a power to prevent the enemy from firing a power of their own the following turn, but you can't because the swap hasn't happened yet. 

But I will say, it's actually a pretty cool way to represent a character that isn't entirely in control mentally and sometimes is at the mercy of a personality assuming control against his desire. 

Also, I foresee the AI not being able to play him properly. At all. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And I thought trying to play Gwenpool was confusing (I still have no idea which cheat codes to use for her).......
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Heh, that can be fun. Also it can make him quite versatile and good to go with any other character. We'll have to test to see.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks complicated hahahha

I normally don't say this, but he should technically be a 5 star. Description alone makes him sound like a 5 star. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I don't normally go for the "this character should/shouldn't be a 5*" line of argument.  But legion's whole shtick is that he is immensely powerful and kinda out of control.  His in-game flavor text says he is among the most powerful mutants ever.  If he were a legacy 4* from 2014, then fine.  But to be rolled out now on an increasingly obsolete tier seems to undercut this particular character significantly. 

Otherwise. 6x 6ap powers, some of which seem pretty good?  He might be a theoretically useful new character.  Of course, 4* tier is dead, so releasing him at all is a waste of time and money for everyone.

He seems to have true heal, which should help for his welcome to shield 5* essential nodes. 
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    And yet another, IMO, character that is pointless from MPQ logic point of view. Or almost any other point of view. Man I just hate to get another version of existing characters (like iHulk who also for me is a trash character despite the combo with Okoye), character who so big villains than they deserve to be Alliance PVE Bosses only (Apocalypse and Onslaught) or characters who has like near 0% potential for teaming up with anybody (Apocalypse, Onslaught and Legion). At least not before still so many major character on the list to be in the game. Like Wrecking Crew, Red Skull, Baron Zemo, Enchantress... and the list continous.

Who comes up with the idea to bring as playable character Legion or Onslaught? I know that the PVE/PVP does not limits us with a champion pool (so we can bring Dark Avengers into a PVE when heroes fight against Dark Avengers or mop floors with Venom/Carnage/Spider-Man team up or Kingpin/Punisher/Daredevil) but I can not image a situation like this ending with answer "yes":

"Professor, Magneto. We are going on mission and we need a help of Onslaught. Can ya bring him?" or "Hi David. Can you help us to deal with situation x?".

Not excited.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As happy as I am to finally get Legion in the game, Legion as a 4* is a disaster.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think Legion looks interesting.  I like the fact he has 6 abilities showing his multiple personalities and the abilities will flip flop based on how much AP is on the board.  This makes him random in a Legion type of way.  

On the negative side I do think he is weak even for 4*.  His yellow seems to do the most damage as a player could wipe out a specific color before casting to get the extra damage. I don’t think red will typically get a lot of extra damage since Purple will need to be fired multiple times.  

I also like his green paired with Kitty to give extra damage.

i don’t need more 4* as I am a 5* player but i do appreciate the making of an interesting new character.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    His purple power is going to be irritating once he gets it moving in the right colour, destroying up to 3 of them per turn.

Red power seems to do a maximum of 3969 + (1355*3) because it specifically mentions target's colours.

His yellow power reminds me of Mordo's purple power, with more flexibility but slightly weaker and dependent on your ap pool.

Black power turns him invisible and heals him for ~28% of his HP. The random burst of health to an ally is just a nice little bonus.

His green power is a reversal of Kitty's. Instead of shifting around the board to replace CD and SAP tiles, his repeaters are creating up to 2 strength 172 attack tiles per turn.

Blue power removes up to 3 SAP tiles and fortifies up to 3 special tiles. Also, it improves one of your SAP tiles by 470.

He strikes out as more of an AP control, followed by SAP tile manipulation.

2* Black Widow, 3* Blade and 5* Doom seem right to be his Shield essentials.

• furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Duck this game. I quit.  
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Duck this game. I quit.  
    Because of a new character? when they've been releasing a new character ever 2 weeks for... years?

• MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Who’s gonna bet that his “Introducing” also features Professor X? 

With all the focus on characters closely related to Chuck lately, it makes me hopeful that the next 5* released is Magneto.

An Age of X variant would be pretty cool
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Easy 5/3/5 for me. Will be interesting in the required PVP, because he actually synergizes with most 5* meta combos.

If anything, he's always a cheap outlet for colors you don't have an active power in. I like him. He doesn't seem meta, but I still like him.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Omegased said:
    Duck this game. I quit.  
    Because of a new character? when they've been releasing a new character ever 2 weeks for... years?

No. I’m quitting because this is the last straw. I’m quitting because they’re disrespecting the hell out of one of the most powerful mutants ever. I’m quitting because the people that run this game don’t give a **** about improving it. I’m quitting for a lot of reasons.