How did you do in Optimal Illusion pulls?

Options
Pongie
Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
I could have waited for onslaught to enter latest before pulling but I figured I wanted to try and get some covers for professor x. He is 3 covers away, I could have also waited 25 more 4* covers to feed him but I’m impatient. Anyway, it took 30 pulls before I got onslaught. On the way I got 5x px as well. Fortunately no Loki since he is already championed at level 455. 6/30 is 20%. Went well this time and I’m ready to pull latest with all three having 1 cover. 

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    you got 6 5*s in 30 pulls?  That's 20% (as I just noticed you had already mentioned in your post!).  time to pack up and head home, IMO.  You are unlikely to improve on those results with additional pulls, and you got all your main goals accomplished.
  • NemesisEtherion
    NemesisEtherion Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    8 pulls: 
    2 onslaught covers (p & g)
    6 4*, 5 extra levels and 1 new cover. Wanted some PX covers but hey, can't complain.  B)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    2 pulls, first was Nova and 50 bonus shards for Okoye.  Second was a Loki champ level who gave me an LT.

Seems like a good place to stop.

*I am an outlier and I apologize to the poor soul who burns 500 CP trying to get that last Prof X they wanted, but pulls only 4s.....
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    0/0.

As much as I'd like to pull, all resources are constantly being diverted to Latest now.  Managed to get iHulk up to 12 covers this morning (the unicorn build, huzzah!), but Yelena is at 3/5/3.  I have one lonely black cover for Apocalypse.  A few months ago, I would have felt reasonably comfortable that I could finish off iHulk and Yelena before each of them leave.  Now...  Not confident at all.  And all shards are still shargeting Havok still.  Only 854 more of those to go.  That's what?  285 more pulls.  /vomit

In the old days, I could easily get a new five up to the 454-458.  Now I'm lucky to champ them at all.  Progress! /s
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    pheregas said:
     And all shards are still shargeting Havok still.  Only 854 more of those to go.  That's what?  285 more pulls.  
    Would it not be preferable to stop sharding Havok for now and focus on Apocalypse instead? He’ll be rewarded in events again eventually and you can then shard him again when he’s closer to being done.
    I would, but that would mean abandoning a 5* that is out of tokens.  I've spent the last however many years working to champ every single 5*.  And the moment I get the very last one?  They release two 5s back to back.  Those extra two weeks of Havok in Latest would most likely have been enough for me to champ him too, so I'm more than a little bitter about that.

Decreased rewards + increased releases have left things dire.

My current strategy is just bringing back the old strategy where I'm trying to catch up.  If I can't...  Well, I'm using that as my final benchmark for retirement.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got Onslaught in 2 pulls which was my 3rd new release in a row in 2 pulls and this time it was a pain because I would have skipped CL10 for shards if I thought I had any hope after my last few releases.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    14 pulls to get 1 onslaught cover 

that will do until he goes into latest
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,563 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Not much luck so far: 1 Loki from 25 pulls.
    Edit: 5 more pulls netted me a blue cover for my 5/3/3 Prof X... jay!

Then again I had a lucky streak with Apocalypse last time, so was expecting a bad run.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    17 pulls to get an Onslaught cover.
    3 Prof$ (2 Purple, 1 Blue)
    1 Loki Black
    1 Onslaught Purple

Huge 29% success rate which makes up for poor rates in the Yelena/IHulk stores. Very happy with that and the 2 Purple Prof$ covers takes him to 5/5/1 with 3 saved (Blue was a saved cover).

KGB
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here's my meager results (i say meager, because Apoc entering Latests kinda drained me)

https://youtu.be/2IevIm-XS7k
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I had enough CP for 18 pulls.  Got a Prof X on the 1st and Apocalypse on the 17th, and stopped there.
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Depressing read for me these successes, I did 12 pulls and got 1 5* Px, 1 Loki and 0 onslaught :(
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Only two pulls to get him, very happy as it's taken 20 plus on the last few releases.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Feliz said:
    Depressing read for me these successes, I did 12 pulls and got 1 5* Px, 1 Loki and 0 onslaught :(
    Your odds weren't bad, though.

People tend to post really good stuff or really bad stuff.

I just stopped after 2 since I'm still trying to get iHulk finished.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1 pull = Onslaught blue, stopped there!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    13 Pulls: zero 5* 

There goes all my hard earned CP.  :'(
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    8 pulls for Onslaught. Rest were 4*s.

Back to hoarding for when he goes to LL
  • Bigblue778
    Bigblue778 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I had the best luck I think I will ever have, 7 pulls i got 3 pro x, 1 Loki and one onslaught so 5 out of 7 amazing
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I had the best luck I think I will ever have, 7 pulls i got 3 pro x, 1 Loki and one onslaught so 5 out of 7 amazing

Nah. In my last 3 pulls of classics I got three 5* and one 4*. Beat that.

On topic: I am skipping this tokens, as classic has more value at the moment.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Feliz said:
    Your odds weren't bad, though.

People tend to post really good stuff or really bad stuff.

I just stopped after 2 since I'm still trying to get iHulk finished.
    I try to post EVERY set of potential 5* pulls I do... because I want the devs to at least have a chance to witness results from a long-time player.

Sure it doesnt mean a thing.. but then again, if maybe it does?  Probably not... maybe?  no... it doesnt... 

...maybe?  :P