Question on SCL 10 PVE

Options
tonypq
tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
For SCL10 PVE, how many clears of each node are needed to get all the progression rewards ?

For a while I've been doing SCL 8 because I can breeze through it and the rewards weren't much different to bother with SCL 9, also fits with the playing time I have these days. 

I thought about giving SCL 10 a shot, just curious how many clears of each node is required to get all the progression rewards (LL 5 shards). Also if I need to clear the challenge node or not. Trying to decide if the ramp in difficulty and time is worth it for me.

Don't think I've tried SCL 10 yet. My champed 5s are BRB, Prof, Doom, Hela, Captain Marvel, Thanos. Then my Kitty is 3/3/0, and Thor/Okoye aren't covered enough only 3 each, so those two won't help obviously. 

Comments

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't know the exact amount, but I get progression most events by just doing each node 4 times.    
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Progression is the same as always.  5X in a row on everything except the CN (in 7/8/9 you can skip the 5E).

If you never play the CN but play everything else 5X you would do it.  If you wait to hit the nodes after 24 hours you will have cushion on the points.

If you play all the nodes (including the CN) you can stop at 4X because of the extra points.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have no champed 5*s but my general strategy is below and it allows me full progression in most events, generally top 200. Even the events I miss full progression on the rewards are so much better I don't regret moving up from SCL 9:

On sub open: four clears on every node except the 5e and challenge node

Over the next 24 hours: whatever I can manage on the 5e and challenge node. I can usually get 4 clears on the challenge node with either my 2/2/2 5* HE + Gamora + Cap Worthy or my 5/2/5 iHulk + Vulture + fodder. It takes a while for each win. There are lots of times I get 0 clears on the 5e.

Six hours before sub closes (it's what my schedule allows me): 3 more clears on all easy nodes and 3 more clears on any goon-only non-tile mover nodes
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4 clears for each node. 

If you struggle with the harder nodes, then you can play the easier ones more to make up for it. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4 clears for each node. 

If you struggle with the harder nodes, then you can play the easier ones more to make up for it. 
    This is pretty much how I run things, right here.  4 for each (2 for wave), unless its Simulator, or something else with a ridiculously hard Challenge node... then I run the earlier nodes a few more time to make up for lost points.