Which of Kitty, Okoye, or Thor to bonus shard

Options
tonypq
tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
edited June 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
Which of Kitty, Okoye, or Thor would you set for bonus shards, or a different 5 ?

I have around 275 LL pulls, more if I champ some 4s I have waiting with hordes of ISO available, and then any tokens I get via champ rewards as I pull away. 

My Kitty is 1/3/0 with 385/500 shards, Okoye is 2/0/1, and Thor 1/1/1 no shards for either. My champed 5s are Beta Ray, Prof, Doom, Hela, Captain Marvel, Thanos. At 9 plus covers I have OML 11, Ironman 9, Black Panther 10, then Carnage 8 with 0/3/5, Hawkeye 2/3/0. 

As far as team compositions you can see what I'm working with, then assume I'll cover Hulk/Apocalypse/Yelena, so add them to the mix. I can't decide who to set for bonus shards. 

I've been working towards covering Kitty, shes been set to bonus shards and I can put Emma Frost as my 4 to shard. I was leaning towards Kitty as she works with so many teams, but wasn't sure if based on my roster if anyone would suggest chasing a different 5. Curious to hear some of your opinions. 

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kitty is more versatile. Okoye has better damage potential with more partners.

I would probably go with Kitty, but it’s a very close call. Don’t bother with Thor unless/until you have Okoye.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Based on your options, Kitty will be more useful and is closer to completion anyway.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    The three of them are all very good.  Kitty need the most help because she can't make her own strikes. But she also plays well with lots of characters.  Okoye is a near perfect character; lacking only modern match damage and health.  Thor is the best battery in the game, if a little fiddly to manage.  You can't really go wrong with any of them, and you will want all three eventually.

Since you will have apoc to act as a damage booster, I might go for thor first (all you really need is 5 green) since he plays very will with apoc.  Then turn to the remaining two of the post-gambit Trinity.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With a champed BRB, Kitty should be your go-to partner aside from Bishop.

Can save a lot of healthpacks.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I went with Okoye hands down . Kitty is used with BRB or Grocket but is otherwise useless because in thousands of PvAI battles I’ve never seen her teamed with anyone else . Okoye makes every character who does damage exponentially stronger. 
    Multi hit characters like Sabertooth and Torch 4 multiply the damage even more . She’s a tank and heals easily as well. The new Hulkoye team is the latest she does great with . So much they’ve immediately released Apocalypse to nullify her. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okoye saves health packs and certain combos help speed up matches.

I will say this though, i think Kitty, Thor and Okoye will be the victim of nerfs / reworks in the future.( this is going off the ideology on why they nerfed OML, over use)
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I will say this though, i think Kitty, Thor and Okoye will be the victim of nerfs / reworks in the future.( this is going off the ideology on why they nerfed OML, over use)
    If they nerf these 3 guys and they left scl10 the same there is going to be riots in the streets... How can you deal with 200k+ enemies without those 3?

This is a very tough question, as all 3 are fricking amazing. As you are going to get Apoc, I think that you can discard Okoye for now (event though she pairs great with iH). Kitty has more use-cases and partners than Thor, but ApocThor is going to be an amazing duo for both PvP and PvE, but so is BRBkitty....

Man, I dont know who I would chose If I was in your place. Think also on your feeders, and who can be used earlier with less covers (I guess to use Apoc/Thor for PvE you just need 5 green, and Kitty one in each color and then as many purples as possible).

PS: Who is closer to the shield resupply? Kitty?
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

As much as I'd like to think that would have something to do with the nerfing, I don't think they're going to use the "overuse" ideology anymore.  Gritty/Bishop are everywhere in PvP...way more frequently used than OML ever was.  There's also been a LOT of outcry about nerfing Bishop, and so far nothing has been done.  However, this is not the place to start yet another "nerf Bishop" thread, so I will just say that of the three characters you picked, go with Kitty, since you have BRB champed.  If you already had Thor champed, I'd say Okoye.

Honestly, though, they're all really good characters to have.
  • Xair
    Xair Posts: 77 Match Maker
    edited June 2020
    Options
    i think that each of the 3 is great for a specific situation, and good for other situations.
    it very much depends what you like playing.

1) if you prefer pve, and want to toggle scl10 frequently, than i'dd say Okoye is the best.
    2) if you prefer pvp, then Kitty will be the best (at least with the current meta, it might change ***).
    3) if you prefer pve, but don't like taking on scl10, and prefer to stay at max rank 9, than thor is the best imo.

Okoye = buffs team and true self heal.
    kitty = counters enemy special tiles, and boosts yours.
    thor = mana generator, which is the most fun (get to use all of the team's spells very quickly).

*** example: Okoye is making a very nice entrance into the pvp meta with Immortal hulk, but it's not clear how much of a deterrent they are compared to brb kitty.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Xair said:
    i think that each of the 3 is great for a specific situation, and good for other situations.
    it very much depends what you like playing.

1) if you prefer pve, and want to toggle scl10 frequently, than i'dd say Okoye is the best.
    2) if you prefer pvp, then Kitty will be the best (at least with the current meta, it might change ***).
    3) if you prefer pve, but don't like taking on scl10, and prefer to stay at max rank 9, than thor is the best imo.

Okoye = buffs team and true self heal.
    kitty = counters enemy special tiles, and boosts yours.
    thor = mana generator, which is the most fun (get to use all of the team's spells very quickly).

*** example: Okoye is making a very nice entrance into the pvp meta with Immortal hulk, but it's not clear how much of a deterrent they are compared to brb kitty.

BRB/Kitty becomes extremely unmanageable after BRB uses his Blue.

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As others have stated, it depends on your total roster (including 4*), what you like to play (PvP or PvE or both and at what SCL), and how you like to play (speed, health pack conservation, high win pct). The truth is the best answer for you could be any of them depending on your answers to the previous questions. Without knowing anything more than what you shared in your first post, I’d vote Kitty, simply because I use her more than the other 2 and I rarely use Okoye without Thor so you’d be chasing both which would take twice as long.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Day in, day out, Okoye is the best 5* in my opinion due to overall utility. It's a close call with Kitty, but Okoye just benefits more options. Particularly in PVE, where you don't need to consider defensive prowess. Okoye saves health packs and Kitty doesn't.

Thor doesn't need champing, at least not at baby-5* levels. He DOES need 5 green covers, but you definitely want Okoye tanking for him. I'm a viable baby 5* with ~12 champed, and I won't champ Thor anytime soon, if ever, really. All I want him to do is be a battery and accumulate green for a nice AOC strike when available. Oh -- and look good!

Personally, I would wait until you can champ 4-5 meta characters at once, though that's not quite your question. Just gather the covers, save extras, and sock away ISO. It's beyond awesome champing a 5* with a couple of saved covers...
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd say Okoye. Kitty needs specific partners and Thor works best when hes half dead, but Okoye is great in just about every situation.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    Day in, day out, Okoye is the best 5* in my opinion due to overall utility. It's a close call with Kitty, but Okoye just benefits more options. Particularly in PVE, where you don't need to consider defensive prowess. Okoye saves health packs and Kitty doesn't.

Thor doesn't need champing, at least not at baby-5* levels. He DOES need 5 green covers, but you definitely want Okoye tanking for him. I'm a viable baby 5* with ~12 champed, and I won't champ Thor anytime soon, if ever, really. All I want him to do is be a battery and accumulate green for a nice AOC strike when available. Oh -- and look good!

Personally, I would wait until you can champ 4-5 meta characters at once, though that's not quite your question. Just gather the covers, save extras, and sock away ISO. It's beyond awesome champing a 5* with a couple of saved covers...
    With the right support, Kitty actually saves herself health packs. 
  • IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Okoye > Thor > Kitty

Kitty is the best of the 3, admittedly, but is locked in to certain partners.
    Thor is one of the best 5s alone, and one of the best batteries, but really benefits from certain partners (one of which is Okoye).
    Okoye is the most versatile of the 3 and can be splashed with basically anyone, so she comes first. Since you get her first, Thor naturally comes second since he is her best partner.