Are we at 11 5s without Feeders now? 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    More feeders are desperately needed.
  • Acemontiero
    Acemontiero Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'd rather have the LTs to hoard from champ rewards than a few shards for a 5 that I'm never planning to finish. 
  • mgood2
    mgood2 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Add me to the list wanting an Anniversary Feeder Frenzy!

In our alliance chat we were also discussing what we’d like to see in the upcoming Anniversary season. As much as I like Fan Favorite Legendary packs, 3 5* heroes doesn’t cut it anymore with 47 5* now. I’d like to see a pick your 5* Legendary pack. Instead of winning 1 of 3 5*s you’d get a 5* token that could be used for any 5* and color. Obviously they’d have to make some restrictions to them, like limiting how many you can use on one character? Maybe raise the 25 cp cost, or drop the % down to 10%?
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don’t know how hard it would be, but I’d love to see the previously suggested “pick your own vault” where you get to chose the 3 5*s in it. My dilemma would be the completionist vs the competitor: do I pick my 3 worst covered (who depends on if/who we get feeders for) or do I pick the 3 that would help my game the most (Okoye, Apoc, and BRB)? Decisions, decisions...
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    helix72 said:
    I don’t know how hard it would be, but I’d love to see the previously suggested “pick your own vault” where you get to chose the 3 5*s in it. My dilemma would be the completionist vs the competitor: do I pick my 3 worst covered (who depends on if/who we get feeders for) or do I pick the 3 that would help my game the most (Okoye, Apoc, and BRB)? Decisions, decisions...

And there is agroup like me: Currently my choice would be "Wasp" and "Wasp" and "Wasp" as - TLDR because she is Wasp one of my favourite Marvel characters - I decided to chase her and be my 1st 5* champion.
  • mgood2
    mgood2 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2020
    Options
    helix72 said:
    If it’s possible for them to do it, I could see this as a great option. Ideally we could change our vault, if we wanted to, when the day resets. Of course they would probably add a reset charge for that. Personally I would go the completionist route first and finish off the 4 5*s I currently have 12 covers for, then finish off my 11 cover IM Hulk. Would probably focus on the competitor route after that. Also, was pleasantly surprised to see I currently have 34 5* champed right now!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looking up the fandom wiki it looks like with the 4/5/4/5 release rate they've slowed down the double-up nature of 4*'s: now 'only' 102 4* for 46 5*.

Still, plenty to let every 4* feed two 5*. Old ones for sure - The 2018 PVP showed me a few that still see play, and basically no 5* that was released before that sees play (though I know plenty of vets that still play and have very big versions of those old ones).

If old 5* basically obsolete - what's the harm in feeding them twice as fast? Classics so diluted that any new player will only have a chance to cover if two 4*'s feed it at this point anyway....since 4*'s are so diluted it's unlikey you're champing them anytime soon either.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The slow progression and insurmountable pay wall for new players must be soul crushing.
    I could never start this game over.

Feeders are the one driving force that keeps me motivated. 
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So many 5*s without feeders now, please give us some.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    marshall said:
    So many 5*s without feeders now, please give us some.
    For any Counting how many do not:

Apocalypse (Classic)
    Beta Ray Bill (Korbinite Cyborg)
    Carnage (Prophet of Knull)
    Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance)
    Havok (Classic)
    Heimdall (The Gatekeeper)
    Killmonger (Erik Stevens)
    Mister Sinister (Nathaniel Essex)
    Onslaught (Psionic Entity)
    The Hulk (Immortal)
    Wolverine (Samurai Daken)
    Yelena Belova (Black Widow)
  • Mr_F
    Options
    Which means 25% of total 5* population.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    Which means 25% of total 5* population.
    That seems significant.  Remember that shardmageddon already had pre-existing 5* feeders before the rest were filled out.  I think Prof X was the last (he was still in latest when it happened).

Question was, how many 5s got feeders simultaneously the last time?
  • Mr_F
    Options
    Cant find the list. The old champion reward list. Judging from Certain Youtuber video, about 10 it was.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    helix72 said:
    They could even do something like that as an anti-dilution option, only characters with less than 13 covers would be eligible to be selected, so then it wouldn't have a detrimental impact on spending since people wouldn't be able to use it exclusively to only build the useful pvp characters.