Game speed...

Options
2»

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Given Samsung is Apple's top competitor, it's possible so. To invest in a top end phone just for pve placement is a little over the board. If you are playing other games with high processing power, it's possibly good. Maybe I should get one to see if it can improve my T10 placement in scl 10 to T5.  :D
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Given Samsung is Apple's top competitor, it's possible so. To invest in a top end phone just for pve placement is a little over the board. If you are playing other games with high processing power, it's possibly good. Maybe I should get one to see if it can improve my T10 placement in scl 10 to T5.  :D
    I guarantee it.  Even more so if your far away from current flagship standards.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I heard a lot of top players use iPhone. How true is this? 

This is actually true, it's known that iphone (as a platform, I guess? I don't own one) processes the same scene more quickly. It's very negligible though, like 4 seconds over an entire pve grind, so if you're not trying to go for t1-5 it probably won't matter. It could keep you down in 6-10 instead of breaking higher though, I guess.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I mean sure a current model of any phone will give you better performance, but I don't buy the advantage in PVE.
    Clear order is much more important, else t1-5 would be filled with people who play on steam.
    Because surely a PC runs this better than any phone could.
  • Beefhammer69
    Beefhammer69 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    I mean sure a current model of any phone will give you better performance, but I don't buy the advantage in PVE.
    Clear order is much more important, else t1-5 would be filled with people who play on steam.
    Let’s roll back the calendar to this time a year ago, oh look at that, T5 is all Steam players speed-hacking. 

I know everybody gets all hot and bothered over a Samsung/Apple debate but the difference is negligible. There’s top players on all platforms.
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is there any reason why the speed is set as it is now? Would that allow it to be more compatible with older phones, so that the game reaches a larger target audience?
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

Clear order is more important until every t50 player is already using a better version, then it comes down to mathematical models and sheer roster size/clear speed. I will say that better orders absolutely make up some difference, in events I give my all to I'm regularly the only "small" roster I can even see. I still can't touch many higher players scores though even when I know they're not playing an ideal order, they can start a whole 20 minutes later than me (effectively a 40 minute difference on grind) and that's insurmountable.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Clear order matters, but so does speed. The top players I see have 550 metas, but speed is enhanced by their supports and use of boosts. I know several players who get turn 0 wins in many boards for these reasons.

Boosts are a choice, and the top players tend to spend money to have the HP needed to keep buying them.

550s are a bit of luck because you need the right vault/store and good luck pulling. But you can put some degree of planning and intention into them.

Supports continue to drive the biggest gap that can only be closed with blind luck. Players who get the most free AP at start of battle because they had the best luck in support stores have a significant advantage, and there’s still no reliable way to catch up without you also getting better versions of said supports.
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bump again....  Still hoping
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They have toggles for a few things. a toggle to turn off info banners would help a little. i don't need a banner to tell me what's up i'm playing the game.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They said if everything goes well, it should happen next year. Please come back again in 2023.  :D
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,725 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll even throw my hat in this ring...

...mainly because of the Boss Event/PvE/Puzzle Gauntlet going down.  Sigh.  Yes it's a choice.  But if I'm gonna grind it out, let's throw a speed increase toggle please!

At least make attack tiles just "hit" the opponent much like Polaris passive or Gorr repeaters... instantly.   That would save some time right there!
  • StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Let’s roll back the calendar to this time a year ago, oh look at that, T5 is all Steam players speed-hacking. 

I know everybody gets all hot and bothered over a Samsung/Apple debate but the difference is negligible. There’s top players on all platforms.
    Quite sure there is another hack out there that increases speed massively. I’d venture to say at least one person on this forum uses it as well, easy to tell when you follow the points.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tupacboy said:
    Bump again....  Still hoping

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/80735/forum-rules-please-read-before-posting#latest

11. Before starting a new thread, search our forums to see if a similar topic already exists. If you find one, contribute your content to the thread that is already established. 
    • Please don’t restart discussions that now contain outdated or incorrect information.
    • In addition, please do not restart discussions by replying with irrelevant information or "bump" posts.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just switched and I swear my pixel dropped tiles faster than this new iphone. 
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,922 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ***Mod note: Please refrain from making "bump" posts as it is against the forum rules. Thank you. 
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So bumping bad but how else do you hope to get a reply from devs for a thread that still has not been addressed?   Figure it's better then starting a new thread
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options
    tupacboy said:
     how else do you hope to get a reply from devs for a thread that still has not been addressed?  
    Ummm... send them a message?  Usually when you want a reply from someone you speak directly to them. 

This forum is not intended to be a direct line of conversation to the design team.  It's for players to discuss the game with other players.  The team does read some posts and occasionally reply but they are under no obligation to read every post and reply to everything karen has to say.