More Puzzle for your quest?

Options
Seven_Eighty
Seven_Eighty Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
Hi all 

I am a long term player that rarely posts on the forums as in the past have had things I have said mis construed as I tend to ramble (PLEASE keep reading).

However in the light of CL10 and recent updates wondered if anyone else shared a view that small changes could really revatalise the game.

I personally like the fact the CL10 is harder although i rarely dont complete it or lose to nodes but at least I have to think a bit harder and this is kind of my point at low levels the game is move a colour win rewards and move to next game .... Over time as everyone knows this feels a grind and you find you are playing JUST to gain rewards.

So my ramble is really is it not time to add more challenge rather than just characters or different images for the same match 3 ....

IDEAS

- More fights like Kaecilius / apocalypse where there is an actual objective to think of 

- A challenge node where the aim is to get the highest score in a set time / number of moves

- Different sized boards (i know this was joked about during April fools but a once a week variation board could be great fun

- Gems only replicate for 5 rows and aim to rid as much of the board as possible

Just a few ideas of different games that would be more like puzzles for our quest .... Id love to know if anyone sees value in the above and if they have any other ideas for new modes that could be introduced whilst staying in the spirit of the game?

Comments

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi all 

I am a long term player that rarely posts on the forums as in the past have had things I have said mis construed as I tend to ramble (PLEASE keep reading).

However in the light of CL10 and recent updates wondered if anyone else shared a view that small changes could really revatalise the game.

I personally like the fact the CL10 is harder although i rarely dont complete it or lose to nodes but at least I have to think a bit harder and this is kind of my point at low levels the game is move a colour win rewards and move to next game .... Over time as everyone knows this feels a grind and you find you are playing JUST to gain rewards.

So my ramble is really is it not time to add more challenge rather than just characters or different images for the same match 3 ....

IDEAS

- More fights like Kaecilius / apocalypse where there is an actual objective to think of 

- A challenge node where the aim is to get the highest score in a set time / number of moves

- Different sized boards (i know this was joked about during April fools but a once a week variation board could be great fun

- Gems only replicate for 5 rows and aim to rid as much of the board as possible

Just a few ideas of different games that would be more like puzzles for our quest .... Id love to know if anyone sees value in the above and if they have any other ideas for new modes that could be introduced whilst staying in the spirit of the game?
    I've seen tons of suggestions on this in the past, and I've always thrown in my two cents here and there on this too.  I'm all for different ways to play, and different ways to bring the "puzzle" back into the game...

THAT SUGGESTION just boggled my mind.  Not in a bad way, mind you.  I never thought of limited gems.  Unless that's not what you meant, but hey, you started this train, now you get to deal with it.  ;)

The board only has 64 gems to start.  And, just as an example, what if there were only another 64 gems up there above the board?  Once they run out, that's it.  No more falls.  If you run out of moves, the board shuffles as we know it, putting them all to the bottom as orderly as possible (i.e. not staggered like a city skyline).  And if you get to the point where you TRULY run out of moves (i.e. only 2 or less gems of each color remaining), then its game over, and the team that's done the MOST % of damage to the other team wins.

It's just a thought.  It's silly.  But hey, like I said, HE STARTED IT!!  :D

EDIT:  I can see some people saying that Gritty would be king.  but then again, wouldn't the opposite be true too?  If percentage damage wins in the end, a good defense could be the best offense.  Huh.  That'd be interesting.

Of course, I think ideas like all of these above would only be valid for PvE (unless MAJOR TESTING went into play first)
  • Seven_Eighty
    Seven_Eighty Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yes pretty much exactly what I meant 

more than anything could be run as a special one off board once a month.

i guess they wouldn’t even need rewards associated just challenge for those that want something different every now and again.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I would personally love to see more event style fights like Apocalypse. It would also be great if there was a final general node in PvE events with a big event boss like that. I don't have access to every character specific node in PvE and I would definitely appreciate more general nodes and more rewards being available for players like me who are still in the process of increasing their stable of characters and leveling up the characters they do have in order to build a strong roster that isn't entirety reliant on just abusing a couple of strong characters over and over to make any headway.

It would also be great to see more puzzle types like the two you mentioned, ones that really showcase the value of certain types of characters and strategies. For instance Kaecilius is annoying as all get out if you don't have a strategy for taking out his strike tiles, such as using Thor and Kamala's color change abilities to make it easier to get matches with his strike tiles and/or using someone like 3* Wolverine or Sabertooth to make more strike tiles that you can match for damage. It would be really cool to have more fights like that where you really need to have a smart game plan for dealing with particular enemies instead of just using your strongest beaters and Doctor Strange as is usually the case for most of the nodes in pretty much every one of the PvE events. 

It would also be cool to have an endurance mode where you build a team of more than 3 characters, with the next character in line coming out when one of yours dies. Like the multi wave nodes in PvE events but with you, the player, getting to make a big team that comes out in that same wave fashion. It would be great for super tough boss events like Apocalypse, but I think it could also work as a special type of PvP event, with players throwing large teams at each other. Kinda like assembling your own personal Avengers team to battle with. It could even be a themed event, built around heroes versus villains for example, where you choose one side and play against players who chose the opposite side, and you can only pick characters from your chosen side for your team.

Maybe even do something novel like a PvP event where you can only pick one team for the event, and it plays like a PvE event with a single node, with consecutively more difficult waves that features a boss fight at the end where you face an event boss like Apocalypse, maybe backed up by the first couple characters of your opponent's team. The team you selected would be used for every battle, so if your characters are too damaged or you lose a member the consecutive attempts at the event would become more and more difficult as it goes on. Ranking could be determined by overall points accumulated during the event, with the boss being worth a ton. That way you could still fight versus style but with gameplay that is more like an epic PvE event leading up to a real PvP style battle with the required character being replaced by an event boss that is always the same, or maybe even gets replaced by a new event boss when you reach certain reward points. Like when you reach x wins or x points total you permanently down the boss and either a new one takes their place in later runs or you just have an easier final wave that is worth less points from that point on.