Which 4* and 5* to favorite ?

Options
tonypq
tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
edited June 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm likely to open a stash I've built up in the LLs store. I can't decide which 4* and 5* to set as favorites for shards with all the pulls I'll be making. I have about 273 pulls, but might not pull them all. 

Which 4 would you set to favorites Sabertooth, Wooflsbane, Thanos, Supeskrull, Prowler, Modok, Ghost, Hellcat, Hawkeye ?

Which 5* to set as a favorite Immortal Hulk, Apocalypse, Kitty, Carnage, OML, Black Panther, Thor, Okoye, Ironman ?

Can't decide to favorite Hulk or Apocalypse since, shards could help if I end up needing 1 cover of a certain color to champ them. Instead of reaching a point where I have to burn say 30 extra pulls hoping to get a certain color to finish one of them. My last stash setting 5Prof as a favorite helped, was able to use shards to get the last cover I needed instead of burning more pulls for it. 

On the other hand my Kitty is only 4 covers, Thor 3, and Okoye 3, debated setting Kitty as a favorite. Then I also have some 5s several covers a way from champing. My OML has 11, Ironman 9 Black Panther 10,  Carnage/Silver Surfer/Banner Hulk 8 covers each. 

My champed 5*s are Beta Ray Bill, Professor, Hela, GED, Thanos, and Captain Marvel. 

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    For 5* favorites, I think you need to pick a strat:

(1) go for a classic meta (maybe kitty to play with BRB?) And just leave favorite there forever until you cover him/her.

(2) pick IH if your want to optimize your hoard pulling.  The shards should help you cover him faster while blowing your hoard, and you can swap when/if you get to the desired number of covers and save up to finish apoc after IH leaves.

As for 4*s, some of those are goodnone of those seem essential (sabertooth is if you have okoye covered).  So maybe target a feeder if you pick a classic 5* favorite?  Otherwise, wolfsbane, sabertooth and hellcat are probably the best of those.

Main caveat is that knowing your cover-status for all of these potential targets would help.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5* - Definitely pick a meta to chase, one where you already have part of it is probably best. Then favorite the one you don't have.

4* - As I am in 5* land myself, I only favorite the characters I can see using as part of a 5* team in Simulator. The characters I'm talking about, in no particular order, are: Carol, Bishop, Gamora, R&Groot, Medusa, Vulture, Peggy, Chavez, Karnak, MEH, Valk, WorthyCap, Juggs, Tooth, Torch, 2099

Most recently, I left it on Karnak and forgot about it.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I agree with borstock, but here are a few additional, if maybe second tier, 4*s I think might have also some value for 5* rosters, especially for transitioned (you will not that the entire list is basically just based on unique passives):

Bobbi (passively punishing enemy match4s is good)

Hellcat (especially if you don't have kitty. Reliable, multi-proc'ing tile boosting is good)

Domino (good black battery and cascade machine)

Nightcrawler/quake (passive immunity to aoe is good)

Rogue (shutting down a color for the enemy is very good)

Wasp (stun on unusual color + passive ap theft is good)

Torch (passive strike tile gen and lots of double-dipping opportunities.

(List in no particular order)

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a different strategy since my goal is to champ them all. I pick my 5* targets by seeing which undercovered 5* cannot be completed by champion rewards and then see which of those has the worst cover distribution. Reason being, shards award dynamic covers, and this is the best way to remediate terrible distributions like My kingpin 5/1/2. Even with 3 more covers from miles champion rewards, I’ll be two covers short. Hoping the target shards can make up for that. 

As for 4* targets, that’s based on speeding up champion rewards for any  undercovered 5*s that will complete. Right now that is professor x. 27 covers away.  

3* target is similar to 4* target. Set to psylocke to feed peggy to feed cap who is at 4/3/2. Need 60 more peggy covers. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

For 5* characters, I think you are best off picking a classic you want to fully cover rather than one of the ones in latest legends.  If you're planning to cover multiple characters in the latest pool, you've got no idea which you'll get most covers for.

Alternatively, if you were planning to pull until you cover the oldest latest character and then stop, it could make sense to favourite that character.  It would make sense to carefully track your progress towards the next cover so you don't end up with marooned shards.  You'd need to watch this as you open tokens rather than counting how many you open due to the chance of receiving bonus shards.  Also, don't exchange the shards for covers until you're finished, to give maximum flexibility.