Expanded Shield Rank

Sm0keyJ0e
Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
While this is nice and all, most people that had hit the rank 200 Shield Rank wall have no need for ISO (I have 24 million now).

Is something new coming along that we can spend ISO on??

Comments

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    A pleasant surprise this morning! 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    I would like to see shield rank increase and give out stuff other than ISO.  Maybe 5* shards or CP instead of ISO.  I am at 196 and have been post ISO for a long time
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Some people may need iso, but I'm at SR205 and have 15.5 million.  I'm in no danger of running short, even if I leveled all my partial dupe 4s.

It seems like a poor use of development time to give people who were R200 and likely, basically, post-iso anyway more stuff they don't need.

On the other hand, given the current state of affairs re: other in game currency (that is, reducing it throughout the game in exchange for shards), I'm not sure there was any other reward they would have put in.  No one past SR200  needs more riso either (probably).

I'm not sure how far they went with the max level possible, but there's a report of someone at SR279.

EDIT:  Max is now 300. 

I realize this was a complain-y post but I guess it’s more curiosity about how many people are/were SR200 and need iso. 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Must we complain about everything tho..... :/
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The dev is aware that too much ISO-8 is a problem for the very elder game, and increasing shield rank beyond 200 helps to only expand this problem. Therefore, Black-ISO Market is coming soon. Long-time players will be able to trade their ISO-8 for shards, CP or HP. Soon, those ISO-8 multi-millionaires will be reduced to paupers after the trade.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Sadly I'm still in ISO debt. While I'm champing more and more 4* (and 100 levels of no ISO bliss), new 4* and 5* keep coming. I will get there eventually, but it takes along time.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    hmmm. can't find this original post - but I'm all for more stuff for everyone.

• argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Dogface said:
    Sadly I'm still in ISO debt. While I'm champing more and more 4* (and 100 levels of no ISO bliss), new 4* and 5* keep coming. I will get there eventually, but it takes along time.
    I've been tracking my ISO debt for a while. It looked like I was going to get out of the hole some time in September. Then my 3* farm hit a bunch of turnover and it's looking more like September of next year. I have plenty of HP from selling those but I have to keep "watering" the new 3*s with ISO.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I spent 2.2 million iso today and am still 12.5 million in the black. 

Iso is worthless for the most part.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2020
    Just hit 194 the other day, kinda sad that I won't hit the old level cap now.

But yeah, shield levels this high generally don't need more iso.