Is the stage imbalance intentional?

Options
I'm curious because I don't think I've seen this addressed, and I think it's a little silly. On one hand you have City (where you need 55 points to get an effect negated completely by a single turn of match damage) or Latveria (where the only decent effect is slated at 200); on the other you have Jungle (where 50 points will end games) and Desert (where M.Storm suddenly becomes the best character in the game). IMO this could use some rebalancing, and I have some suggestions...

- Revamp City to %-based. Doesn't have to be high percent; even just 5% is considerably more on most chars than 50. Or, you know, replace it with something less awful, or significantly lower the cost (although that'll mess with prologue PvE).
- Raise Desert's cost. Whose idea was it to put that at 25? That's three matches (two with GSBW or Punisher gets you to 24 already) and you get a really, really potent effect. I'm not kidding when I say that M.Storm becomes the best character in the game on that stage; combine her with someone who can make something of the green AP (or even with just Daken - hell, with the new Daken that's even more insane!) and you can body almost anyone. I remember taking out a 141/141/215 team in one event with M.Storm and a 77 Thor. That's how busted that is. I mean, I don't want to complain about it; I love that **** being broken and sort of banked on it for a while... But come on. This is silly.
- Make Latveria's tiles more substantial. They're like, what, 3 tiles of 5 each? That really isn't much at all. I mean, it beats City out in terms of value, but make it cheaper or stronger.
- Jungle could easily cost 60 and still be great.

I think most of the rest are good. High-tech is well-balanced if a little pricy and Winter is just decent all around (maybe knock 5 off the price?). But I guess the big question is - is this intended? That in some arenas, environmental tiles are completely game-breaking and in others they really don't matter? Because I kind of can understand that to a point... But that still doesn't mean that it's a good idea for Desert to be totally busted like that. icon_lol.gif

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Yes yes, working as intended.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hmm, fair enough. Still should nerf desert.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I fully agree about the stage imbalance. It's probably one of those things that never gets fixed because there's little financial incentive to do so. The desert is the one that annoys me the most, because Oasis is so great for Thor and Daken, two characters who really don't need extra help. (Imagine if Latveria had an equivalent power, but instead of green it generated black tiles. Dr. Doom would feel right at home!)

Also, I'm not 100% sure, but I'm guessing Justdangit was being sarcastic (and if not, why would the devs "intend" for Latveria powers to be useless?)
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Latveria just needs a little inspiration is all. It seems bird watching is popular there. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I fully agree about the stage imbalance. It's probably one of those things that never gets fixed because there's little financial incentive to do so. The desert is the one that annoys me the most, because Oasis is so great for Thor and Daken, two characters who really don't need extra help. (Imagine if Latveria had an equivalent power, but instead of green it generated black tiles. Dr. Doom would feel right at home!)

Also, I'm not 100% sure, but I'm guessing Justdangit was being sarcastic (and if not, why would the devs "intend" for Latveria powers to be useless?)

Yes i was being sarcastic.

We made a thread about environment before.
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3859&hilit=+environment
    Me and a few other made some suggestion to balance it.
    But the dev dont seem to give a tinykitty about it, hence it must be working as intended.

Also actually, desert was a lot more expensive before. It was 50 for oasis, and 200 for sandstorm. Then they buff it to what it is now.