Revised Event: Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D.

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin

Nick Fury requested a new training program for S.H.I.E.L.D. After some tinkering with the Stark-Tech training simulator, we are excited to show you what the new program looks like for new recruits to MPQ! Starting with the inimitable Hellcat, S.H.I.E.L.D. Training is coming back in a new format, but will be familiar to anyone used to the old style of the event. Without any further ado, It’s Pats… Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D.!

With Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D., missions unlock daily like an Advent or Daily Unlock event, not all at once. Over the course of five days, you’ll get to experience increasingly difficult challenges for the character, paired with increasing rewards! As in the previous S.H.I.E.L.D.Training, beating the earlier missions in the columns is required to continue down that column. The 1v1 and Row 1 missions are automatically unlocked on the first day.

Day 0/1 - 1V1 Battles and Row 1 unlock

The rarity of each column is listed at the top. To the left, the day that the mission unlocks is listed. For those interested, here’s what each row entails.

1v1 Battles

• A 1v1 mission using the new character on your team. This mission loans you the character at Max level to really get a handle on their high level play.

• A 1v1 battle *against* the new character to get a feel for them and develop strategies to take them down when the inevitable battle with them on the other side occurs.

Row 1

• Each mission loans the new character for play.

• Each mission loans the other required characters in case you don’t have access to them.

• Loaned characters are of a high level compared to the opponents.

• Each column is more difficult as you move to the right. So the left column is the easiest, while the right is designed to challenge players in SCL 9 and 10. Players aren’t locked to S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels here, so even players that regularly play in lower SCLs may be able to squeak out wins a column or two to the right.

• As with previous S.H.I.E.L.D. Training, columns are independent, so you can get through any or all of the columns separately. You don’t have to complete the easier ones to get to the harder one in that row.

Day 2 - Row 2 Unlocks

• Each mission loans the new character for play

• Each mission requires the previous other characters, but does NOT loan them.

• Loaned characters are of a lower level than in Row 2.

• Missions require the previous mission in that column to be completed.

Day 3 - Row 3 Unlocks

• Each mission loans the new character for play

• Each mission requires the previous other characters, but does NOT loan them.

• Loaned characters are of a lower level than in Row 3.

• Missions require the previous mission in that column to be completed.

Day 4 - Playground Mission Unlock

• Loans the new character at Max level for play.

• Loans the other required characters.

• This is a wave node designed to be difficult and show off various aspects of the character’s powers.

• Mission requires the previous missions to be completed.

• May be replayed after completion (for no additional rewards)

Rewards will be given out through individual mission rewards as well as from overall progression in the event. Completing each mission will grant you Iso-8, Heroic Tokens, Release Vault tokens, and Command Points. The final mission will reward a Latest Legends token for those that manage to beat it. Progression-wise, players will get Iso-8, Release Vault tokens, and even Shards for the new character being featured.

We hope that the new Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. event will be more accessible to more players and that players of all roster strengths can get meaningful progress out of it. Once you’ve had a chance to run through the all-new Welcome To S.H.I.E.L.D., we’d appreciate your feedback, no matter what the strength of your roster may be!

This discussion has been closed.