Hellcat

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
From Facebook  https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=news&f=new-character---hellcat-patsy-walker-5-19-20&l=en&fbclid=IwAR151HljZBylS_Mt1gH03eYagrGTp46PpFrqWsLmBeRwa7vWDaK1kKRlLhU

And something called Welcome to SHIELD that gives shards.  Not expecting many more details given the track record here.

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    She looks reasonably good (or at least she would look reasonably good if new 4* releases mattered at all anymore.  But 4* tier is dead.).  Very squishy at 10k health.

but 3 cheap powers with good synergy.  purple moves all enemy specials to the bottom row, red clears a targeted row (and makes decent strikes).  I am not sure how well her yellow will work in practice.  It seems most similar to Nico's tile buffing in that will buff everything by a modest amount 1x per turn, but I haven't played with Nico enough to know if that's good or bad.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks decent. I miss the 4 star tier..... I should have lived there for a bit longer.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    She looks reasonably good (or at least she would look reasonably good if new 4* releases mattered at all anymore.  But 4* tier is dead.).  Very squishy at 10k health.

but 3 cheap powers with good synergy.  purple moves all enemy specials to the bottom row, red clears a targeted row (and makes decent strikes).  I am not sure how well her yellow will work in practice.  It seems most similar to Nico's tile buffing in that will buff everything by a modest amount 1x per turn, but I haven't played with Nico enough to know if that's good or bad.
    Sounds like a quick and easy way to give tons of AP to the enemy BRB if used unwisely...
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    She looks like a nice character that, despite the colour overlap, would work quite well with Shuri and Magik in the 4* tier. Cheap site creating powers that will be fortified by magik, which Shuri will then drop the cost of.

it could be worth trying, at least
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:

Nico is basically the 4* equivalent of Kitty. She buffs tiles every round just as long as you have more special tiles than your opponent. Her countdown just unlocks new powers. As long as you can keep just enough tiles on the board, like Kitty, then you're golden regardless of whether the cd is on the board or not.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her repeater makes friendly powers cost 1 fewer ap. I wonder if the buff to SAP tiles stacks. If I have 2 out, will it buff all tiles by 76+76 = 152 per turn? It looks like it will stack. Her power cost reduction won't stack though.

She's another good alternative to deal with Mindless Ones and those Ninjas that spawn their attack tiles all over the place after dying.

• Vhailorx
    edited May 2020
    shardwick said:
    Vhailorx said:

Nico is basically the 4* equivalent of Kitty. She buffs tiles every round just as long as you have more special tiles than your opponent. Her countdown just unlocks new powers. As long as you can keep just enough tiles on the board, like Kitty, then you're golden regardless of whether the cd is on the board or not.
    I think I get her basic mechanics, but I was  well into 5* land when she released and never used her for anything except essential nodes.  So what I don't know is whether she boosts things fast enough to be useful in practice. i.e., how fast does she add meaningful damage to strikes?  Kitty adds ~3k per turn and takes a few turns to get going in 5* land.  4* Carol adds 1200+ per proc and can be proc'd multiple times per turn, which can get silly fast with the right partners (*cough* worthy or coulson *cough*).  Nico would need 10+ tiles on the board for 2 turns to approach even 1 carol proc levels of boosting.  That seems kinda slow. And hellcat is more or less doing the same boost as nico.

(Note these numbers are approximations of level 450 and 270, so ymmv.  E.g., my level 340 carol actually boosts 2100 per proc.)
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    Kudos to the devs for making MPQ's Patsy Walker seem 900% less-annoying than the one from the JJ Netflix series. This here's a Trish I'm "pleased to be aware of the existence of" and "actually would want to spend time with" and "hope nothing horrible befalls."
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Her repeater makes friendly powers cost 1 fewer ap. I wonder if the buff to SAP tiles stacks. If I have 2 out, will it buff all tiles by 76+76 = 152 per turn? It looks like it will stack. Her power cost reduction won't stack though.
    Based on the wording, the repeater's buffs should stack, but the AP cost reduction will not stack (with itself).
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    If we talking 4* only should work well with sskrull. Cast his blue with repeater then cast her black
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was wondering how they might do something different than just a claw slash thing and expected a stun, so the specials down to the bottom row are quite nice.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    With Hellcat's release, it will be possible for each 3* character to feed two non-limited 4* characters without any doubling up.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    She looks decent and has some original powers, but I am with Vhailorx in this one, adding more 4 chars at this point is just useless.

I would prefer if we could get supports (older and new) or a reworked 5 instead of a new 4. Ideally for me I would do:

Support / rework 5 / new 5

In these new Support Events you would be able to get them to at least 3 stars.

• krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    @jamesh

Wouldn’t hold my breath there.

@Polares

This is my favorite suggestion for a release schedule I have seen so far. Pretty sure it would need to be altered to drive spending, but it’s a good start. Maybe throw in some meaningful 4s & reworks for them as well. I mean, I’m pretty sure most of us like Karnak, maybe less of us like SSkrull. Also pretty sure they could pad income with support bundles/tokens.

Personally, I’m seeing a growing chasm between vets & everyone else. I get the idea of rewarding players who have supported the game for so long but it feels like there’s no way for younger rosters to ever catch up on vaulted meta characters. Sure, we can pull for new 5s & cover new 4s pretty easily, but if there’s a meta without feeders it takes forever to shardget even a 4 star all the way. This is further exacerbated by the inability to compete for rewards when getting lumped in with said vets for events.

I think I’m not alone in wanting MMR fixed and a working solution to slices dominated by those punching down.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    With Hellcat’s release, the next 4 moves into the territory where even if they set up 2 4’s fed by each 3, there will be a set of permanent never-to-be-fed 4s just due to numbers, barring adding more 3s to the game. 
  • Vhailorx
    edited May 2020
    bluewolf said:
    With Hellcat’s release, the next 4 moves into the territory where even if they set up 2 4’s fed by each 3, there will be a set of permanent never-to-be-fed 4s just due to numbers, barring adding more 3s to the game. 

Pretty sure you can add that concern to the pile of 'problems that will be completely ignored by Demi until they need some chaff/cover to obscure a new, player-unfriendly change to the rewards economy in a year or two.'  It's a pretty big pile. . .
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    krakenoon said:

@Polares

This is my favorite suggestion for a release schedule I have seen so far. Pretty sure it would need to be altered to drive spending, but it’s a good start. Maybe throw in some meaningful 4s & reworks for them as well. I mean, I’m pretty sure most of us like Karnak, maybe less of us like SSkrull. Also pretty sure they could pad income with support bundles/tokens.

Personally, I’m seeing a growing chasm between vets & everyone else. I get the idea of rewarding players who have supported the game for so long but it feels like there’s no way for younger rosters to ever catch up on vaulted meta characters. Sure, we can pull for new 5s & cover new 4s pretty easily, but if there’s a meta without feeders it takes forever to shardget even a 4 star all the way. This is further exacerbated by the inability to compete for rewards when getting lumped in with said vets for events.

I think I’m not alone in wanting MMR fixed and a working solution to slices dominated by those punching down.
    Yeah for the rework we can do one month a 4 and the next a 5, and then we can have a special store with the latest 5 reworked also at 20CP.

So 3 legendary stores, Latest (25), Classic (20) and 3 Latest Reworked (20). And we can have also the reworked 4s with higher rates in the reworked store.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares said:
    krakenoon said:

@Polares

Yeah for the rework we can do one month a 4 and the next a 5, and then we can have a special store with the latest 5 reworked also at 20CP.

So 3 legendary stores, Latest (25), Classic (20) and 3 Latest Reworked (20). And we can have also the reworked 4s with higher rates in the reworked store.

The problem is that all players who aren't in 5* land have nothing to look forward to beyond the support (assuming they can even get that).

4* may be useless to 5* players but for those in 4* land or even 3* land a new 4* at least has a chance to be useful if it's semi-meta because new releases get featured WAY more often in PvE/PvP than older 4* do. So players breaking into 4* land have a chance to acquire enough covers for a few 4* to get them to a useful stage.

I'd be OK with 4*/(rework 5* or support)/new 5*. This way lower tier players at least have something to look forward to.

KGB
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    @KGB

At this point in the game, I would call for reworks of 4s as well. I mean, I really like N*, but NEVER use him unless essential. There’s a lot of other 4*s on my roster that fit this same mold.