Greg can cycle cards!?

Options
Smokincookz
Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
Greg just cycled a Shefet Monitor! I’ve never seen this before. If Greg is really capable of cycling now, that’s pretty cool.
Is this new or have I just been living under a rock? 

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I saw it a few days ago and was also surprised that Greg could do that. Good to see he is improving.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I asked this in the monthly Q&A thread! I hope they give us details.
  • Firstofhisname419
    Firstofhisname419 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Oh God, the machines are learning. Skynet smiles...
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Life will find a way," sounds a bit ironic here.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Player: *snickers and cycles a card* "Easy win... Pfft, as if greg will ever use this effect."

Greg: *cycles card* "Resistance is futile" 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is going to operate on the principle that sometimes it's better to be kind than right and not make any comments on cycling today. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Greg cycling?  I guess 2020 really is the end of the world.
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's great news, but I'm happy we're not in Amonkhet times anymore :D
  • Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    critman said:
    I saw him bounce his own Dream Eater with itself today, so, he's not learning THAT much  ;)
    Bouncing my own dream eater is the only way I play the card. It provides the reusable surveil. 
  • Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    critman said:
    I saw him bounce his own Dream Eater with itself today, so, he's not learning THAT much  ;)
    Bouncing my own dream eater is the only way I play the card. It provides the reusable surveil. 
    It’s remotely possible that was Greg’s intention. I have noticed in Role Reversal he did not want to destroy his own creatures, though I gave him a lot of cards for it. He killed himself consistently with Treacherous Blessing though. He also swapped Bloodsoaked Altar’s gem and killed his own demon token, for no good reason. Activated gem effect didn’t matter. Greg just like da active gem! Haha.
    His intelligence seems to vary a lot from match to match as well, as far as gem-matching goes. Sometimes he’s on fire, & other times leaves me many good matches for no reason. When it comes to card strategy, he’s almost always awful. 

He has the option to cycle cards. For now, we can try to observe whether or not he’ll always cycle if he has the choice to. Skynet Greg is still a way’s off I’m afraid. A “Hard Mode” Greg would be fun for an event (not the TOTP type enhancements, but strategy-wise).
  • jtwood
    Options
    Yes to hard Greg 
  • Heartstone
    Options
    He's not always cycling, as I saw him play a shefet, then cycle the next one. Maybe he cycles if hd has the mana at the start of the turn and plays it when he has the mana after matching gems.
    Anyway, I'm pretty happy with cycling Greg :smile:
  • jtwood
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Yep! At least he's trying. That's the bare minimum to ask for.
    Now, can we get him to "try" with flash and cards that need to be exiled from the hand?
  • Heartstone
    Options
    critman said:
    He's not always cycling, as I saw him play a shefet, then cycle the next one. Maybe he cycles if hd has the mana at the start of the turn and plays it when he has the mana after matching gems. 
    Or maybe he makes 'complex' decisions randomly :)
    One of my defaults, I'm afraid : I always try to find logic, even when there is none 😅