Leveling up and match damage increase?

Greenroom
Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
is it a set amount for match damage increase when you add each level or does it vary between characters, levels, etc?

About to gain enough shards to add a level to Sinister but his black match damage is 5 points lower than Okoye. Not a huge deal either way as the "tank" requirement on Wakanda Forever is rarely a match losing mechanic but a question that needs an answer nonetheless. 

Thanks for any info you can provide

Comments

• Greenroom
    Interesting, so like MMR this may be just a MPQ mystery stat?
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2020
    Is the wiki not updated anymore? Haven’t checked on 5 star info, but it’s what I use for 4 star management.

Edit: Just caught that last part OJSP.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Some facts:
    • We know (from challenge nodes) that the primary match damage for One-, Two-, Three-, and Four-Star characters at level 650 is 1452 (with the lone exception of America Chavez whose match damage reaches 1545).
    • A Four-Star character deals 42 match damage at level 70, 85 at level 270 (roughly double), and 170 match damage at level 370 (roughy double from lvl 270)
    • Green Goblin, a Five-Star character, deals 140 match damage at level 255, 564 at level 450 (roughy quadruple from lvl 255), and 1218 at level 550 (roughly double from lvl 450). It reaches 2632 at level 650 (roughly double from lvl 550). So the match damage seems to grow exponentially and double every 100 levels.

• Greenroom
    For reference i acquired the shards last night and from level 451 to 452 Sinisters black match damage went up 5 points from 744 to 749.

Thanks for responding!
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    OJSP said:
    Not really a mystery. It just takes someone to collect all the numbers and make a chart. I'm sure one of the forum user is still doing that somewhere. The only post I could remember about match damage was by aesthetocyst, but he has left the forum and that post had been deleted. We can check the MPQ Wiki pages to look at the numbers. https://marvelpuzzlequest.fandom.com/wiki/Epic
    I found one post (with a chart!) surviving somehow. Also an interesting talk about CL 10 numbers from years ago :)

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/67760/should-essential-5-characters-get-level-boosts
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Fandom had lists of he match damage levels for many of the characters... .. I think someone stopped filling them in.

Gwenpool for example
    https://marvelpuzzlequest.fandom.com/wiki/Gwenpool_(Gwen_Poole)
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    The leveling curve is standardized across characters (though remember that 5*s have different match damage strength even with the tier, so only the percentages are normalized), but it is not linear.
    The curve is pretty stable up until around 350 or so, and then curves sharply upward, exponentially.  So when you level a 5* up from 255 to 450, the roughly double in strength from 255-->350, and then double it again from 350-->450.  (And going from 450-->560 is just a bit over 2x thé health andatch damage again).
    So what this means is that later levels add more match strength than do earlier levels.  Going up ~5 per level is quite plausible, so adding that level to your sinister will quite likely have him tanking black over okoye.