Worthy Cap + Rocket

BlixTheFrog
BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
Hey all,
so I might be laughed at for this, but every time I encounter this pair, when Cap’s power gets triggered and he starts changing tiles in red and blue, every tile changed boosts all the attack tiles from rocket&groot and I get clobbered in two seconds with hits of 5000 damage.
Thing is, it’s the fourth time I look at all the powers details, and nowhere do I see this effect. Is this a bug ? Or did I miss something ?

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    What be said. That threesome can get pretty nasty if they stay alive long enough.
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2020
    Ooooh. Yeah that’s it. I never realized executive decision did that, I only remembered the killer combo with her other power. Must always have encountered these three together. So hit her first without triggering Cap, I guess.
    Thanks !
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Ooooh. Yeah that’s it. I never realized executive decision did that, I only remembered the killer combo with her other power. Must always have encountered these three together. So hit her first without triggering Cap, I guess.
    Thanks !
    People often get distracted by Carol's awesome black and yellow actives.  But it's her yellow and green passives that make her so devastatingly good.  The tile boosting in particular is her best ability.  So easy to abuse with the right partners.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I sometimes use that team to chew through some hard nodes in CL10 PvE. It's a bit lazy and generally costs 1 healthpack each battle, but it works against low HP/high match-damage tile movers.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    helix72 said:
    I sometimes use that team to chew through some hard nodes in CL10 PvE. It's a bit lazy and generally costs 1 healthpack each battle, but it works against low HP/high match-damage tile movers.
    When Carol is boosted, this team will do something like 15-20k per match3 starting on turn 2 if you can proc worthy. It's a very good team for chewing through high-health opppnents
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    One important thing is to take note of your team strongest colour because matching them will give opponent 3 or 4 ap of their strongest colour, which is either blue or black. Both powers are equally strong, especially C4rol's black. If it's black, you have to take note of their yellow ap. 

This team is easy to beat though, as long you don't trigger CapWorthy.

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    4Carol + Grocket + Worthy is all over the Sim for me. I had good luck using Peggy, Moon Knight, and Cloak & Dagger against them. You get rainbow active coverage, and C&D's yellow can wipe out 5 of Rocket's strikes in one go. You just have to be careful if Moon Knight's strikes + C&D's attack tiles get close to Cap's threshold - I found myself matching a few of my own attack tiles to be on the safe side. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    If I see Worthy in Sim, he's usually accompanied by H5wkeye/Coulson/Peggy. Or I face Gritty Bishop. That about sums up Shield Sim for me, especially in the later stages. I'm bleeding Iso in skip tax.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    If I see Worthy in Sim, he's usually accompanied by H5wkeye/Coulson/Peggy. Or I face Gritty Bishop. That about sums up Shield Sim for me, especially in the later stages. I'm bleeding Iso in skip tax.
    You aren't seeing BRBitty with Bishop or Carnage?  Mostly with Bishop.  Because that's the new grossness in PVP land.  Stupid defensive meta.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    bluewolf said:
    You aren't seeing BRBitty with Bishop or Carnage?  Mostly with Bishop.  Because that's the new grossness in PVP land.  Stupid defensive meta.
    Single 5* MMR and double 5*MMR have their own problems. That's why I climb with 3 4*s :)

Dogface, instead of paying 10 iso for skipping, reset the App to reset the cache and the skip tax. Just be aware that resets the cache for every event.
    I run the exact team the OP is complaining about from the first match in Sim until about 1700 if I can.  All I see are champed 5s regardless.  Sometimes a mix of 4s and 5s.  I also climb late since I have no desire to hit the BRBitty wall right away.

This team easily handles any 5 team that doesn't have Kitty, BRB, or Carnage on it....mostly.....Prof can be nasty.  Not sure about Apocalypse......
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    The single 5* usual teams assumption is not correct, this is the roadblock below having even one champed 5* on a constant basis. That Peggy team is not very common in my non champed below 370 MMR whereas the tier above teams are very common.
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    PuceMoose said:
    4Carol + Grocket + Worthy is all over the Sim for me. I had good luck using Peggy, Moon Knight, and Cloak & Dagger against them. You get rainbow active coverage, and C&D's yellow can wipe out 5 of Rocket's strikes in one go. You just have to be careful if Moon Knight's strikes + C&D's attack tiles get close to Cap's threshold - I found myself matching a few of my own attack tiles to be on the safe side. 
    I go hunting this team with a spiderverse team. Miles, 2099 and spider gwen seem to give me a really good win rate. I normally chase blue so i can either stun worthy or carol first, then nuke the other with miles's purple or nuke the stunned one with gwens red. I leave grocket last unless their green is out. Because of the healing from web matches you can generally get through several of these teams without a health pack.

Only caveat is that you won't be able to match purple (or blue) directly, but you should generate it from the web-tiles being matched.
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2020
    peterdark said:
    PuceMoose said:
    I go hunting this team with a spiderverse team. Miles, 2099 and spider gwen seem to give me a really good win rate. I normally chase blue so i can either stun worthy or carol first, then nuke the other with miles's purple or nuke the stunned one with gwens red. I leave grocket last unless their green is out. Because of the healing from web matches you can generally get through several of these teams without a health pack.

Only caveat is that you won't be able to match purple (or blue) directly, but you should generate it from the web-tiles being matched.
    Man I have taken out lots of teams with that combo, love the spiders in arms!