Lightning rounds

Mayo
Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
Don't know how easy or complicated would be but it would be a great help if escaling also could be available for them. I usually go only for the first cover because the ladder is always occupied by the same whales.

This change would allow more players at all levels get 1 or 2 covers which would impact positively in their response to the game.

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lightning rounds could definitely use a revamp. New featured characters, better placement rewards and maybe toss in 3* shards as a potential reward for winning matches. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    We did have a roster revamp about 4 years ago.  Who knows, we could be due for another refresh.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    It makes me wonder: who plays Lightning Rounds? If it is players with deeper rosters why not even have them have 4* as essential as that is the biggest tier and yes definitely update rewards table to encourage involvement - more iso and Mighty tokens.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been playing Lightning Rounds since I was in 2* land and it's an easy way to get good rewards (at least 1 heroic token) with low effort. 

It would be cool to have Sinister Six (with Venom taking the place of Electro) and All Spideys Lightning Round. More spiders are welcomed.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a silent alarm on my watch for LRs. If I’m not busy, I’m between meetings, I feel up to it, etc. I’ll hit the seeds with the best defensive team I have (currently Bishop/BRB). Then hit an extra non seed team for the standard token.  If I don’t care or am busy, I’ll wait for the next alarm. I won’t play if I miss the seed teams.

Like Hound said, that minimal effort is often good for a Heroic token, sometimes 2. It was also a huge source of iso for me in the early days. It’s even better for newer players because ever since anniversary, they never switched off the “double iso” drops for winning matches. I’ve hesitated to point it out here because it’d be such a developer thing to take that away, but it’s been that way for 7 months. So yeah, anyone Iso starved with time to kill... I’d suggest LRs.

Finally, I’m  not in love with the idea of 4* essentials, as the health pools mean greater effort killing seeds. But 100% would love them to cycle through all 3*. I have dupe max champs of all 3s so would love more opportunities to utilize them. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    There aren't many things nicer than when you forget that you did the opening clears for a lightning round over an hour ago and then get hit with two heroics and 1k iso because you were able to place t50. Even if you only get two 2*s it's pretty nice and the iso adds up quickly. Even when I'm dead tired if a lightning round pops up right as I'm about to go to bed I'll usually do it.