Keeping with the traditions - When does 5*Yelena enter tokens?

Treras
Treras Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
Yeap, someone had to ask the question :blush:

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    May 18th
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Couldn't tell ya. Personally waiting for Apocalypse to go into tokens myself.
  • wymtime
    shardwick said:
    Couldn't tell ya. Personally waiting for Apocalypse to go into tokens myself.
    I agree and June 1st
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    May 18th
    May I ask how do you know? I was expecting Yelena to go into tokens yesterday (two weeks after she was released). Or is it two weeks after the LT store?

Lately this has been a bit erratic, some chars going before than others.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2020
    It's historically been two weeks after the LT store closes. iHulk closed on Apr 6 and showed up in LTs on Apr 20. Yelena's announcement says it closed on May 5 so would expect May 19, but maybe there's some reason it would be on a Monday.

By the same logic, Poccy on May 31. My birthday! Maybe it's a sign I should plan to bust my hoard to champ him...

EDIT: checked history and Havok's store closed on 03/10 and went into packs on 03/23. So it's 13-14 days for at least the last two.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    There were a few weird ones as they made the transition to the HP and CP release plans, but since Sinister they have been following the 2 week rule (after CP ends).  You can argue about when the store closes (midnight EDT is sort of the Tuesday) but Mondays are the typical day they post the change, barring holidays and things.
  • Treras
    Treras Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    So next week for Yelena. Thanks for the answers.

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Treras said:

That means I have one week to get the one Mr. Sinister cover I need to get him ready to be champed. So I'm only going to draw Havok and iHulk covers between now and then.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Treras said:

That means I have one week to get the one Mr. Sinister cover I need to get him ready to be champed. So I'm only going to draw Havok and iHulk covers between now and then.
    We just had Hulk, have Havok now, and next is a boss. We should get a new event that starts Sunday (before Yelena is in Latest Legends), and it should feature Mister Sinister. So he should have some shards available in progression, if that'll help you get your last cover. (I only need 50 shards myself, so I'm really really hoping they don't do something screwy, so I can finish him without pulling and save my tokens/CP for Yelena and onward).
  • wymtime
    Polares said:
    wymtime said:
    May 18th
    May I ask how do you know? I was expecting Yelena to go into tokens yesterday (two weeks after she was released). Or is it two weeks after the LT store?

Lately this has been a bit erratic, some chars going before than others.
    As others have said it is 2 weeks after the CP store closes.  An easy way to remember it is the Monday before the release of the 2nd new character.  Since Apocalypse was last week Yelena should go into packs on Monday.  Then 2 weeks after that Apocalypse since he was released 2 weeks later.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    So what date range do you think will start the IHulk, Belova, and Apocolypse store?
  • bluewolf
    So what date range do you think will start the IHulk, Belova, and Apocolypse store?
    June 1.
  • captainheath
    bluewolf said:
    June 1.
    Awesome,  thanks.
  • rdvargas1
    rdvargas1 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Do people think there is any way they will keep Havok in LT for an extra two weeks along with Apocalypse having four 5* in there at once?  Since back to back 5 stars is also unprecedented, right?   
  • captainheath
    I'm really hoping if they increase the 5 star rate they just bump the percent up from 15 to 20 or so.
  • bluewolf
    rdvargas1 said:
    Do people think there is any way they will keep Havok in LT for an extra two weeks along with Apocalypse having four 5* in there at once?  Since back to back 5 stars is also unprecedented, right?   
    Spider Man Lol GIF
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    rdvargas1 said:
    Spider Man Lol GIF

I swear the use of this meme is the sole reason I keep coming back to the forums.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    Treras said:

We just had Hulk, have Havok now, and next is a boss. We should get a new event that starts Sunday (before Yelena is in Latest Legends), and it should feature Mister Sinister. So he should have some shards available in progression, if that'll help you get your last cover. (I only need 50 shards myself, so I'm really really hoping they don't do something screwy, so I can finish him without pulling and save my tokens/CP for Yelena and onward).
    I'm mostly being sarcastic. I don't hoard, so I take what covers I get when I get them, I just know that since my Sinister's a 5/5/2 build, I'm not going to get that one blue cover I need before he goes to classics early next week. I've not moved to champing any 5 stars yet, as I'm three or more covers away on most of the 5 star meta teams. I think my closest is BRB, who needs 75 shards for a 12th cover, but I'm waiting for Kitty to get her last purple cover via shards to start chasing him.
    My last two 5 star draws after making this statement, though? Both of them have been Havok, since he's the current featured 5-star in PVE.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    the answer is today
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    She's apparently in all sorts of tokens now.  Check out those 4x   5s in the apocalypse store...  D3 just keeps on rolling these mistakes out like it's their job.