Future Feeders

captainheath
captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
Assuming that feeders get updated eventually.  Which 4 stars do you think will be feeders for the latest 5's?  Most of the time there is a somewhat logical connection between the two.  I think it is safe to assume they would be fed by a 4 that currently does not feed a 5.

Beta Ray Bill
Carnage
Havok
Mr. Sinister
Immortal Hulk
Yalena Belova

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should have a Kickstarter or go fund me model for feeders. Let us vote if we pay and when enough votes come in, it triggers the work. 

Venom could feed Carnage. 
    Nebula could feed BRB. 
    Jean could feed Sinister. 
    Rulk could feed iHulk. 
    Fury could feed Yalova. 
  • bluspiritseeker
    bluspiritseeker Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    What I don't understand is why there are still some characters that don't feed into their higher-star versions. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Adding feeders should be a no-brainer at this point.

Why the request falls on deaf ears or is like pulling teeth to get a response is beyond me.

With every release of a 5 star, they should update a 4 star to feed them, that way people get excited for the new 5 Star and have an idea where to invest there resources into if they want to cover the 5 star fully this century.
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    There are probably "no obvious feeders" that can be connected to the new 5*s. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards

With every release of a 5 star, they should update a 4 star to feed them, that way people get excited for the new 5 Star and have an idea where to invest there resources into if they want to cover the 5 star fully this century.
    Yes from your position and mine but that’s not taking into account the rosters with multiple dupe 370s. You can’t release a 5 then feed them straight away because the people that actually spend a fortune on this game no longer need to chase those 13 covers initially.

I agree they should be faster but I’d be happy the feeder coming as they drop into classics. I feel that would be fair. Or release them with a feeder of the latest 4*.
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Carnage - Venom or Agent Venom

BRB - Worthy Cap or Juggernaut
    (Hammer Bros)

Sinister - Sabretooth(Marauders)

Havok - Wolfsbane(X-Factor)

Yelena - Fury, Hill, or Ronin

Apocalypse - Teen Jean, Dazzler, or Bishop
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    New feeders won’t even be looked at until 2021.  This is based off the data on how long it took to update the last batch.  They also hope that main players that helped to get full champ rewards, after the huge garbage storm that hit when they cut these, are no longer here. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feeders would be a really good Anniversary thing. Establish a pattern, which characters will/won't get added (like the 3 still in Latest at the time don't get feeders, so you can map out who will/won't get them in advance). And then just an influx of resources when the characters get updated. Players get the fun of a dump of free resources when the update happens, everyone knows it's coming so players can plan for it and devs can balance it with the game economy so they are less inclined to create another Shardpocalypse.

If that's too many resources at once, do it twice a year. It could (I really ought to say SHOULD) become part of the normal pattern (just like 4's entering tokens at the start of the season, or 5's entering Latest two weeks after their CP store closes).

Then people can stop asking, or when they do ask, experienced players can give them an answer. It could become something to look forward to, and the uncertainty would be "who gets updated?" not "if and when?"
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Assuming that feeders get updated eventually.  Which 4 stars do you think will be feeders for the latest 5's?  Most of the time there is a somewhat logical connection between the two.  I think it is safe to assume they would be fed by a 4 that currently does not feed a 5.

Beta Ray Bill
    Carnage
    Havok
    Mr. Sinister
    Immortal Hulk
    Yalena Belova

Carnage: Brock Venom or Agent Venom.

BRB: Maybe Nova (cosmic Marvel) or any of the Guardians (same reason) who aren't already feeders? Star-Lord's flavor text for level one of Oldest Trick in the Book even name drops BRB.

Mr. Sinister: Any mutant that isn't already a feeder, but most likely Teen Jean due to Sinister's obsession with the Grey/Summers genetics. 

Other choice would be Sabretooth, as he's the only villain mutant in the 4* tier I'm seeing. 

Havok: Again, any mutant, but the problem is I kinda painted myself into a corner by giving the nod to Teen Jean for Sinister. So maybe take the Sabretooth option for Sinister and leave Havok's future sister-in-law to feed him. 

Immortal Hulk: Gotta be Rhulk, right? 

Yelena Belova: I like the idea of others involved in espionage/spycraft. Fury, Coulson, Mockingbird, Ronin, or Maria Hill. Maybe give the nod to one of the ladies for girl power? 

Side note, just checked and 1* YB is a Dark Avenger and Villain; 5* is Heroes. Curious if it's a fakeout like Mysterio having the Heroes tag and Talos having the Villains tag? Because I was thinking Kraven might be a wildcard (Russian, villain), but 5* YB seems to be a Hero.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Just to be cruel (and to make it tie in with the soon to be released movie), make Taskmaster feed Yelena.

No, I don't really want this, but the thought popped up and I wondered what kind of reaction there'd be to making a limited 4* feed a non-limited 5*?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beta Ray Bill - Juggernaut
    Carnage - Venom 
    Havok - Bishop
    Mr. Sinister - Blade / Elektra
    Immortal Hulk - Rhulk
    Yalena Belova - Red Guardian

• Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Hound: struggling to see the logic there for Blade/Elektra feeding Sinister from a character perspective.  Is there some weird series/arc I've missed?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking of Chavez feeding Jessica Jones, which was quite out of place.

Since Sinister works in the dark and Elektra is an assassin, I thought this could be another potential "scratching head" moment.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Fair play, I follow the stretchy logic.  I thought Chavez -> JJ was strange but since I don't follow titles with either of them in they're a bit off my radar.  Did someone ever get a no-prize for establishing the connection?
    My guess: Chavez picked up one of Jessica's old Jackets in a thrift store.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Jormagund said:
    Fair play, I follow the stretchy logic.  I thought Chavez -> JJ was strange but since I don't follow titles with either of them in they're a bit off my radar.  Did someone ever get a no-prize for establishing the connection?
    My guess: Chavez picked up one of Jessica's old Jackets in a thrift store.
    I always thought it was just they both... punch... stuff?

I like your idea though, although I would have thought that Jessica was the sort to wear clothes until they disintegrate, rather than give them to a thrift store