Next 4* in latest legends

Mayo
Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
edited May 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
Has Worthy been quietly surviving various rotarions or not?

Who should replace him and when? I am hoping Super Skrull in the next 5* rotation.

Comments

• abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Not sure what your question is here.  New 4* are usually added to tokens, including Latest Legends, at the start of each new pvp season. 
    Super Skrull is available in tokens now, and so is Worthy. 
    4* are never taken out of rotation, however some vaults do have some 4* at increased odds (and by extension the others are lower odds)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    I'm guessing it's about Worthy Cap being on the Latest Legends' store picture alongside Hulk, Havok and Sinister rather than about the token odds.
    You can hardly fault the devs for putting the most-chased of the newer 4's on the store art.  I don't think anyone who has come after him is higher in the general tier rankings.  2099 is also very good and came out a little after Worthy, but he's probably most useful for 5* players whereas Worthy is useful in both for both 4 and 5 players.

Plus, you know, Cap is pretty popular.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Karnak probably comes close to that top tier for people playing in the 4* tier.  It might not be so apparent when pairing him with champed 5* characters.
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    jamesh said:
    Karnak probably comes close to that top tier for people playing in the 4* tier.  It might not be so apparent when pairing him with champed 5* characters.
    His ability to create critical tiles means he has definite value when paired with some 5* characters.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    His ability to create critical tiles means he has definite value when paired with some 5* characters.
    I love playing Karnak alongside 50Thor and the Essential 5*. All those crits can do some fun level of damage. Him and Sabretooth get way more play than Worthy for me. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    Add me to the Karnak love and not really a heavy user of Worthy Cap.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Add me to the Karnak love and not really a heavy user of Worthy Cap.
    Worthy is most useful in PVP with a Carol/Rocket team for 4 players (hence requires pick-3) and 5HE for 5 players (who have a 5HE to field, that is).

In PVE, I sometimes pull out Worthy/HE/Coulson for Challenge nodes.

If players aren't in SCL10, Worthy is borderline useless for PVE.  In PVP you need to use him vs heavy hitters (even some 5* match dmg doesn't set him off).

He's fun in his way, and a big annoyance for 5* players, but is not very versatile and will burn health packs if you use him a lot.

Karnak is quite good and isn't conditional on the opponent to make him work right.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I'm one of those 4 star players and he pairs so well with Chavez.  Even if she's not rolling by round four his crits will probably tip the scales to make her produce a crit every round, and his damage does the rest.
    Bank his powers unless you'll still have more AP than the opponent and if you get in a sticky situation firing them can normally wipe out a problem enemy.
    I also like the fact that it's a bit of a glass cannon team, I only hit 900 extremely rarely so play PVE for wins.  Chavez and Karnak don't scare many teams off so you can get plenty of retals or climb multiple times from ~ 5-800 to get forty or fifty wins.
    He'll need a health pack every few rounds but his protect token and the fact that he then tanks most colours protects the rest of the team.
    For me, he and Juggs get regular play in PVE and PVP, the other new characters, even Bishop and Worthy not so much.