PvP Rewards-A Plea to the Devs

helix72
helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
I know this is mentioned everywhere, but it can't be stressed enough: the only thing worse than taking away resources is taking away resources AND simultaneously requiring more of them.

When the 18 CP reward was instituted at 1000:
1) I played more, to 1000 every event
2) I noticed others played more, as in the past I could get 900 points and finish top 25 or top 50, now I was getting 1000 points and finishing top 100.
3) I felt like I was starting to keep up, at a time when resource demand was growing because of the accelerated 5* release schedule.
4) Frankly, I was enjoying the game more feeling like I was making progress.

But you took that away. For reasons unexplained. Now people are playing less as evidenced by the reduction in the leaderboards and high value targets. I just don't understand how to find the time to play to 75 wins, and I can't figure out how to get to 1200 without shield hopping or some other coordinated approach (neither of which I have ever done nor have any interest in doing). I can appreciate it should be hard and those things may be needed for top placement, but that has never been the point of progression.

Please, please, please bring this back. Tell us why you did it and we'll help suggest better solutions. People earning CP too fast? Reduce the CP reward to 15 or 12 or whatever. Just put the CP prize back at 1000, as the 2nd to last progression reward (just like in PvE).

Comments

• Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Devs have to mantain business objectives.

Moving back the cp to 1200 may reduce the number of players trying to reach the mark but it is also very possible that those that remain need to invest more in health packs that need to be purchased with real money and that is what I lately can see. Adding more carnage in pvp is good for business / for them. Same applies to pve scl10 challenge nodes in general.

Reducing cp rewards will not mantain or increase expenditure so it is not commercially logic.

As players we can accept it and go on, change to a more comfy level of play or leave the game. That is the hard truth.
  • Jexy
    Jexy Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Yes, steadily giving bad reviews on the app stores is a good consumer strategy. Refusing to spend on the game is also good, but the results of that aren't public. App store reviews are public, and so the company can't hide from them. 
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    shardwick said:
    Mayo said:

Moving back the cp to 1200 may reduce the number of players trying to reach the mark but it is also very possible that those that remain need to invest more in health packs that need to be purchased with real money and that is what I lately can see. Adding more carnage in pvp is good for business / for them. Same applies to pve scl10 challenge nodes in general.

Reducing cp rewards will not mantain or increase expenditure so it is not commercially logic.

As players we can accept it and go on, change to a more comfy level of play or leave the game. That is the hard truth.
    Or you can hit them where it hurts, in the reviews. I think they're quite deserving of some 1* reviews given their recent actions like nerfing resources. 
    Agreed, I updated mine to direct people here to the forums to see what is going on.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Markot said:
    Mayo said:

I understand this aim of devs. I have payed for VIP 40x (counted from my credit card history) and over $1200 for different offers. Yesterday my VIP ended and I decided to not renew it now. Maybe there are more people like me and devs will see it on incomes, maybe not. I just don't want to support game when I don't like the changes. And even more I don't like the lack of communication of those changes.

I'm on day 2284, mostly placed T20 or T10 in SCL 10 or 9 PVE, sometimes even T5. I'm in T10 PVE aliance. But I have never reached 1200 points in PVP yet. I usually needed 3 or 4 shields to reach 1000 points and get CP reward. Now I'm back to "reach 900 and shield till the end" strategy. With all those BRB, Bishop, Worthy,... it's not much fun anyway. 

The change in PVP rewards is not the only reason for me to stop supporting this game, but it was the final straw. 
    If there will be some positive changes in the future I will be glad to support the game again.

I had likewise given up on VIP a while back, but would still bite on some of the deals here and there. I think that time is done, certainly in the near-term.

And on this note... how about another survey, hmm?
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    The push back sucks, but don't swap 1000 for lower CP.  Us 4 star not day 2000+ still NEED CP and badly.  I can sometime push to 1200, and deserve the larger CP for getting there.  I liked it at 1000 too, but wouldn't trade 6 CP every event just to make it easier.
  • Natural_0x14
    Natural_0x14 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Adding to this thread...it is already a foregone conclusion about who will be around the top. You get matched with brackets with maxed rosters or Bishop pairs.  In addition, you get bombed for even trying because there are those who will snipe because of a non-meta roster.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2020
    I'm at my limit. In this defensive time slog era of pvp, I may (or may not) play each event til I start seeing nothing but defensive teams. Usually get to around 800 before it happens, but I refuse get into that slog once I start queuing those teams. 

I miss the heyday of Gambit vs Gambit now.
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    The sped up 5* release schedule, long clear times for cl10 pve, and reduced cp for cl9 pve were already bad enough.  This change to pvp rewards was the final straw that pushed me to quit a few days after it was implemented.  

Was just checking in on the forums to see if anything has improved but I guess they’re going to stick with it.