Wakanda Uncovered node last all event or just Sub 1?

peanut_gallery
peanut_gallery Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
Does the Wakanda Uncovered node in the main pane of FFW PvE disappear after sub 1 (to be replaced by a new one) or does it last all event?  I seem to remember at one time there being a new node every sub that you would need to grind down in a final clear, but I don't know if that has changed.

Thanks!

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i'm clearing it just in case
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Do what the top 2-3 players are doing, if you know who they are. If they clear the nodes, follow them.
  • awarnica
    awarnica Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Well the node DOES stay - I did grind it :(

Thanks D3 for the info ahead of time!!
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Did the same thing.  Going to cost me a top 5 placement.
  • MrPlow
    OJSP said:
    Assuming the node stays open:
    Doing it once per day at 200 and grinding it on the last day: 200x4 + 200 + 133+ 67 = 1200 (this is the best case scenario, option C)
    Grinding it at the end of the first day and leaving it until last day to do another clear: 200 + 200 + 133 + 67 + 67 = 667 (this is the wrong option if the node stays open and the worst case scenario for the event, option D)

The last part isn't correct.  If you do what I did I'll lose 200 points.   It should be 200+200+133+67+0+0+200+133+67.  It'll go back up to 200 in 2D24h and there is 2D24H left in the event.  

Note: Numbers are rounded up.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I recall correctly, the first run of FFW (a 3-sub event) required you to grind 3 Join Forces/loaner nodes at the end of sub 3.  (Annoying!)

Then they changed it for the second, and final run (until now) so that the main/first Join Forces node remained for the event but the JF nodes that open the new subs end as that sub ends.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70782/updates-to-fight-for-wakanda-2-21-18/p1

Unfortunately the community had assumed this event was lost to the digital ether and so we stopped bothering to maintain the details.....live and learn, I guess.  Not surprising that they do not answer/explain the best approach as that is their typical stance of late (for the past year or so?).

Now, it's possible that the new loaners will indeed stay for the whole event.....I guess we will find out tomorrow for sure, but I'm going to grind it down.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2020
    I can confirm (as have others) that “Wakanda Uncovered”, the loaner node from day 1 on that main page is definitely still around, which means it’ll be there the entire event. “Cornered Council”, the new loaner node that opened on day 2, is still up in the air. So we’ll find that out tomorrow but hopefully someone from slice 1 can confirm early. 
  • peanut_gallery
    edited May 2020
    I think Cornered Council may close out at the end of Sub2.  (it's been so long since this PvE showed itself I couldn't remember what nodes popped up when/where). It's my plan to grind it to 0 by the end of the sub.  I'll report back tomorrow morning as whether or not it's in Sub 3 or gone (I'm in slice 1).
  • bluewolf
    edited May 2020
    And, it stayed (the Cornered Council node) when sub 2 ended.

So optimal play will be hitting each node once and having to grind down 4 Join Forces nodes at the end of sub 4.

This isn't how it worked in run 2, because we (the players, at least) thought it was a bad design. 

Because it is.

So in run 2, the devs changed it to have the Join Forces nodes end as each sub ended.  Not anymore.

Anyway, good luck to all of you in Slices 2-5.
  • MrPlow
    edited May 2020
    God I hate this event so much.  They should've kept it dead.  I can see why people hated this event so much with those hazard tiles.  And they didn't even have Kitty back in the day.  If the devs like killing things so much kill this permanently or fix it again by getting rid of that green eyed sentry.
  • peanut_gallery
    Yep, I’ve got one wasted node now from grinding down cornered council before sub 2 ended.
  • bluewolf
    Having ground down 4 loaner nodes in a row, I can safely say.....this is NOT a good design.  It was un-fun, monotonous, and made PVE worse this morning.

Please change it back to the second run where you did not need to grind all these nodes in one final play session.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    Just came in here to say the same thing. Grinding on loaner node is ok (though I like the ones where there is one loaner node that stays through the whole event better). But grinding 4 of the things on the last day? No. Just no.