Will you pay money for anything within this game?

Grunt79
Grunt79 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
My thing is that I like to reward developers that make a good game, this is expressed through making in-game purchases. With GI Joe: War on Cobra, this will never happen for me in its current state. Not only is the customer service atrocious, but the game is completely unbalanced itself. Cobra faction is WAY more powerful than the Joe faction. Another issue is the event drop rate seems to have been changed after the addition of Survival Mode. In the most recent event, the odds of a player spending 7500 event coins on 25 event crates from the Cobra side, and not receiving a single Bludd card seems almost astronomical...not to mention a complete waste of time.

Will you pay money for anything within this game? 16 votes

Yes
31%
RaithnorPopeyesAspykeithRestonOrd66Money 5 votes
No
50%
AeroplaneFumblesMamuNestorGrunt79iDominatedVoferNecroOrder66Funky 8 votes
Maybe
18%
cgrubb80dirtyFrostViper 3 votes

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I find that Joe Faction is quite weak, especially when you are playing Challenge nodes. Cobra can sipe the floor with Challenge nodes 1 or 2 levels higher than them. When it comes to Joe, getting 50% is a challenge.
  • MamuNestor
    MamuNestor Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    No
    I have not and will not pay for anything within the game. I have every card except Zartan, because I choose to go after tunnel rat on that event. I use TR on every mission with my Joes. The game is tedious and getting very boring now. Eventually Support has gotten back to me and satisfied my concerns. 
  • Aspykeith
    Aspykeith Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Yes
    Both sides have hit and miss.

Even if you have a strong defence, it depends where you place them. 

I find that g.i.joe side. Scarlet, doc, bazooka,  randoms. I pretty much destroyed stormshadow then the defense after.

I rarely use my shrikes.
  • MamuNestor
    MamuNestor Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    No
    Aspykeith said:
    Both sides have hit and miss.

Even if you have a strong defence, it depends where you place them. 

I find that g.i.joe side. Scarlet, doc, bazooka,  randoms. I pretty much destroyed stormshadow then the defense after.

I rarely use my shrikes.
    I find that Scarlett, Tunnel Rat, para troopers take out aircraft, drone factories and AA defenses, then my drones and skystorm takes out everything else. Sometimes the WHALE or Beachhead is needed. If it’s not a Mamba I can use Snake Eyes or Duke as leader. 

Cobra: storm shadow takes out the AA defenses, or maybe the mantis. Then CC Bludd and Maggot destroy everything with the shrikes and mamba. Shrikes and Mamba are great at taking out power supplies and making it even easier, or they focus on mines and oil rigs. 

I have not found an opponent that can stand up to those teams. 
  • Uetur
    Uetur Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I did once for some event coins to get Duke but I never go into Whale status, I usually buy enough to just get me going into game.  
  • Vofer
    Vofer Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    No
    No, it's a game, I don't pay for games, so I play it without paying real money, it takes more time to get good stuff, but with patience, you obtain all of this 
  • Vofer
    Vofer Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    No
    Vofer said:
    No, it's a game, I don't pay for games, so I play it without paying real money, it takes more time to get good stuff, but with patience, you obtain all of this 

its not all about paying to play.  I pay to support more content on games which are worth it.   Unfortunately War on Cobra didn’t make the cut 

In my opinion nothing virtual worth real money, of course I'm from old school, so I will not pay for nothing in the game