Suggestion : Defense Selection

Options
Understand that we as attacker can select any characters against any agents.

I hope Dev would consider having us to select defense characters for the matches.
At least we won't be choosing attacking cards against the agents.

Plus this make sense which made us more balance in choosing cards that's good for both attack and defense. Or leveling up more characters instead of attacking cards only.

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Currently, the last characters that you used in combat in that Tournament are your characters for defense. This is different for each Event/Tournament, so you can have a different defense team for each. I understand that setting an explicit team is a request, but letting you know the way the system currently works may be useful.
  • If it was ever allowed I imagine it would play out like this:

1. An amazing defensive combination is found.
    2. Eventually everyone uses it or a team as close to it as possible for their defensive lineup.
    3. We all have to attack the same team in every match in all tournaments.

If the defensive team was good enough to stop most incoming attacks we'd all complain that we can no longer win matches. Otherwise PvP becomes more like PvE (we all beat up on the same team) and winning tournaments then truly comes down to speed/healing.

Obviously I made some big generalizations and my scenario would take some time to come about but that's my two cents.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I also think it's a kind of bad idea. There's a tradeoff between how good a team is on offense vs. defense. If we are allowed to choose teams for each, then that entire thing becomes moot. We'd have the best team on defense and the best team on offense. It would eliminate the entire offense/defense debate.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Currently, the last characters that you used in combat in that Tournament are your characters for defense. This is different for each Event/Tournament, so you can have a different defense team for each. I understand that setting an explicit team is a request, but letting you know the way the system currently works may be useful.
    I've tried a suggestion I read somewhere about switching to a defense team, attacking someone with it, and retreating. The only issue I saw was that over a long tournament, you're forced to give away a fair bit of rating if you do that very often.
  • there's also the technique to save one of those weaker matchmaker squads you hit for usually 0-5 pts and beat it with your def squad when your done playing for a while. you risk them counter attacking and losing a big 40 pt chunk but it might dissuade enough others to be worth the gamble.